LDS.org login on a personal website (like Facebook login)

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
g33k3d

LDS.org login on a personal website (like Facebook login)

Post by g33k3d »

New to the community and looking for some guidance.

My wife and I had an idea for a website today. To help prevent people scamming other people. Is it possible to force an LDS.org log in from our website to validate they are who they say they are and to also pull back from an API or something their home ward and bishop?

Any insight would be incredibly helpful. Thank you!
johnshaw

Re: LDS.org login on a personal website (like Facebook login

Post by johnshaw »

The information about their home ward and Bishop will not be accessible to you. The other question is intriguing... but seems like a long-shot.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

g33k3d wrote:New to the community and looking for some guidance.

My wife and I had an idea for a website today. To help prevent people scamming other people. Is it possible to force an LDS.org log in from our website to validate they are who they say they are and to also pull back from an API or something their home ward and bishop?

Any insight would be incredibly helpful. Thank you!
Using LDS Account credentials in 3rd party applications or web-sites is explicitly prohibited by church policy. See the wiki page Third-party API for gospel content.

So, no, that isn't a possibility.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:Using LDS Account credentials in 3rd party applications or web-sites is explicitly prohibited by church policy. See the wiki page Third-party API for gospel content.

So, no, that isn't a possibility.
Correct. The question has come up before.

Keep in mind that even non-members can have a LDS Account. This forum requires a LDS Account, and we still have to deal with spam.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”