Missionary Check into multiple accounts?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
surf40

Missionary Check into multiple accounts?

Post by surf40 »

The Stake is going to be writing our ward a check this Sunday to the Ward Missionary Fund, giving us a much needed infusion of money to cover the missionaries we have out.

Can the Financial Clerk split that check while entering it into MLS into the various individual missionary accounts, or does all of it have to go to one account (and then transfer after to cover the other accounts?)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary Check into multiple accounts?

Post by aebrown »

A check can be deposited into multiple subcategories; the financial clerk simply selects each subcategory and specifies the amount for that subcategory.
surf40

Post by surf40 »

Thanks, thats what I thought. now I can give him the exact amounts to put in each catagory.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Either method works fine, in my book. But if one method is more appealing on your end then that's fine too. If, for some reason, one of the missionary subcategories has a surplus when that missionary comes home then you'll want to transfer that excess back into the main category or to some other missionary's subcategory. So, transfers might not be completely avoided. But transfers aren't so bad.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”