Custom Leadership Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
nlrobinson

Custom Leadership Report

Post by nlrobinson »

As a new stake clerk I'm wondering if there is a way to create a leadership report that has, for example, the stake presidency, high council and auxiliary presidencies, that doesn't include the other callings. So far I haven't been able to find a way to do it.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Custom Leadership Report

Post by aebrown »

You can use a custom report in MLS to do this. It's a bit tedious to create, but once you have it created, you can run it whenever you want.

for the criteria, specify:
  • Calling Position -- is -- Stake President
  • or Calling Position -- is -- Stake Presidency First Counselor
  • or Calling Position -- is -- Stake Presidency Second Counselor
  • or Calling Position -- is -- Stake Clerk
  • or Calling Position -- is -- High Councilor
The problem with this approach is that there's no way to order it by standard calling order; it will just be alphabetical or some other sorting by columns that is almost certainly not the order you want.

Another approach might use the MLS Organization Export file, which is in the proper order, but you'd then have to run some sort of spreadsheet macro on it to to filter out the callings you don't want.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

I think it would be simpler just to create it manually.
nlrobinson

Post by nlrobinson »

I'm not sure how to make suggestions for MLS enhancements; however, it seems that in the organization reports, it would be nice if there were a check box to select which organizations to include in a report, either leadership, all or other. For the annual stake history I'd like to print a leadership report of the stake presidency, high council, and auxiliary presidencies. I could print one page for each of these, but having them all on one report would be nice.

Return to “Reports and Forms”