Stk Conf Broadcast (Camera/keyboard config)

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
jeffvanderdoes

Stk Conf Broadcast (Camera/keyboard config)

Post by jeffvanderdoes »

All,

Not sure if this is correct forum but wondering if someone can help. I'm the stk high council rep for technology. I was recently involved in broadcasting from stk center to other building in stk our conference. Because we have a deaf branch in our stake we are equipment with a mounted camera and monitors on stand. I ran the camera for the first time after talking with prior camera person (which really couldn't help with my questions). The keyboard to manage the camera is a Pelco KBD200 which I believe to be key to the questions. The stake didn't have a user manual for running things so I experimented prior to broadcast. The camera moved way to fast and jerky but I believe I have a method to slow it down. However, after downloading from internet a manual I cannot not figure out how to turn off the camera coordinates and messages that pop up when moving the camera. Where would I turn to to get such information? Is that dependent on camera? (I don't know model)... Just hoping I can find a way to make it better next time we use it. I even asked the deaf branch who use it each week but they don't know what buttons/keys to push to turn that off.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
michaelfish

Re: Stk Conf Broadcast (Camera/keyboard config)

Post by michaelfish »

From: http://www.riel.hu/pub/Pelco/KBD300A/KBD200A_manual.pdf

...Variable-speed equipment is controlled by programming the speed with the keyboard..

Pan/Tilt
Press and hold the appropriate pan/tilt key until the camera reaches the desired position. To change the speed of movement, press a number (1-9) key first (1=slowest, 9=fastest).

Lens Control
Focus, zoom, iris – Press and hold the appropriate lens control key until the desired effect is seen. To change the speed of focus, press a number (1-4) key, then press FAR.

Presets
Enter preset number (1-66) and press PRESET to put camera in preset position. To program, position camera, enter desired preset number (1-66), and hold down PRESET for two seconds.

Hope this helps.
jeffvanderdoes

Post by jeffvanderdoes »

Good information thanks! Any thoughts on when moving camera that the writing currently displayed can be turned off? I looked through manual and unless I overlooked it I don't see that. Thanks!
Jeff
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

Perhaps turning off zone labeling will work:

7. Turn off zone labeling.
a. Press 9, 2, F4.

-or-

8. Blank zones.
a. Press 9, 5 and hold Preset for about 2 seconds to display the Edit Preset 95 menu.
b. Move down to the SET field and press ACK.
c. Move down to the <Alarms, Zone Blank> field and press Iris Open to display the Alarms, Zone Blank menu.
d. Move down to the <Zone Blank> field and press Iris Open to display the Zone Blank menu.
e. Move down to the zone number you wish to blank and press Iris Open to move the cursor arrow to the zone blanking status value.
f. Pan up to turn blanking on, pan down to turn blanking off.
g. Press Iris Open to accept new status; press Iris Close to cancel.
h. Repeat steps 8e through 8g for each zone you wish to change, and then go to step 8i.
i. Move down to Exit and press Iris Open repeatedly to move up through the menus and return to the normal display.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”