Out of unit leader's family not showing up in home ward

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
davidrichey

Out of unit leader's family not showing up in home ward

Post by davidrichey »

I am stake executive secretary. Out of unit leader's home ward ( Pres H) is a member in my home ward. I can see his household in home ward and see him as branch president in assigned branch. I take my laptop with Firefox browser to different people in stake center last night, have them login to see what they are able to view. Bishop from another ward cannot see Pres H as branch president in assigned branch nor see family of Pres H in directory of home ward. Counselor to Pres H can see Pres H in Branch Presidency section of directory but not Pres H household in home ward. Executive Secretary of Pres H sees same info as Counselor (to be expected). Wife of Pres H can see her family in home ward but not Pres H in Branch Presidency section of assigned branch. Member of home ward (my wife) can see Pres H's household in home unit but not see him as branch president in directory of Spanish Branch. I am getting all kinds of complaints from members in the stake outside of his home ward that they cannot see Pres H's household in home unit nor as branch president in assigned unit. It appears I am the only person to be able to see his family in home ward and as branch president in assigned unit. The only permutation I have not tried is to see what a member of the stake presidency that is NOT a member of his home ward would be able to view. What is normal for the member of the stake to view? I would think they should see him as branch president in assigned unit and see his household in home ward.
eblood66

Re: Out of unit leader's family not showing up in home ward

Post by eblood66 »

davidrichey wrote:I am stake executive secretary. Out of unit leader's home ward ( Pres H) is a member in my home ward. I can see his household in home ward and see him as branch president in assigned branch. I take my laptop with Firefox browser to different people in stake center last night, have them login to see what they are able to view. Bishop from another ward cannot see Pres H as branch president in assigned branch nor see family of Pres H in directory of home ward. Counselor to Pres H can see Pres H in Branch Presidency section of directory but not Pres H household in home ward. Executive Secretary of Pres H sees same info as Counselor (to be expected). Wife of Pres H can see her family in home ward but not Pres H in Branch Presidency section of assigned branch. Member of home ward (my wife) can see Pres H's household in home unit but not see him as branch president in directory of Spanish Branch. I am getting all kinds of complaints from members in the stake outside of his home ward that they cannot see Pres H's household in home unit nor as branch president in assigned unit. It appears I am the only person to be able to see his family in home ward and as branch president in assigned unit. The only permutation I have not tried is to see what a member of the stake presidency that is NOT a member of his home ward would be able to view. What is normal for the member of the stake to view? I would think they should see him as branch president in assigned unit and see his household in home ward.
The first thing I'd check are the privacy settings for Pres H's household. If they are set to private or Ward only then I think that could explain these results.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

I will check for household settings. But why can no one except me and members in his assigned branch see him listed in branch presidency?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davidrichey wrote:I will check for household settings. But why can no one except me and members in his assigned branch see him listed in branch presidency?
That would be the expected result if he has "ward" visibility; for purposes of seeing his calling in the branch, his "ward" is that branch, and so only members of the branch could see him.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

Visibility has no limitations. Now what?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davidrichey wrote:Visibility has no limitations.
Meaning that viability is set to "stake" correct?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

I stand corrected. It was "ward" visibility. That solves my problem. Thanks for the help.

David

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”