Send A Message

For community testing of Clerk Resources
johnshaw

Send A Message

Post by johnshaw »

OK, so we all know that the Send A Message functionality out of the leader and clerk tools is useless for a stake sending messages to the members of the stake.
  • The Directory security seems to be different than expected, the different levels of privacy seem to impact the ability to send messages in a way that isn't intuitive.
  • When a message is sent it apparently checks the validity of each recipient and fails to send if even a single recipient is not valid.
I can't imagine this is better than having all those kick backs from the send a message function that used to happen, but we've had this functionality for over 10 years but since last September, the best I can find, it has not worked.

The beta site kicks to an outofservice url --> does this mean the functionality is being worked on, if so, what will be the requirements around its use. Directory privacy options, email validation, etc?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Send A Message

Post by aebrown »

JohnShaw wrote:The beta site kicks to an outofservice url --> does this mean the functionality is being worked on, if so, what will be the requirements around its use. Directory privacy options, email validation, etc?
I doubt that the broken beta site link to messaging means anything, other than a bit of sloppiness in fixing up relative links for the beta site. The exact same thing happens for a few other links on the beta clerk site -- links to handbooks, including the "Instruction for clerks" link, seem to start with beta.lds.org, when they should start with http://www.lds.org. I'm pretty sure the beta.lds.org domain is only intended to be used with the URLs that continue with /mls/mbr/ and /ca/.

The beta is described as "Clerk Resources"; it seems pretty clear that "Leader Resources" and "Send a Message" are different applications, even though they are rather jumbled together. So I doubt that there is any intention to do anything with Send a Message in this current beta.

Return to “Beta Clerk Resources”