Finding a member's previous address

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
richardmace

Finding a member's previous address

Post by richardmace »

Hi,

Apologies, as I am a brand new Ward Clerk with no previous clerk to contact! I want to send a members record back to their old ward, as they have moved back there. I need to provide the address, and it is the same as their address when they lived there before.

Does MLS keep an audit of people's previous Wards/addresses? I can't seem to find it, and I think it would be extremely helpful in situations like this. Especially YSA moving back to their parents house after University.

Many thanks,

'Bitten off more than he can chew' Ward Clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Finding a member's previous address

Post by russellhltn »

Eons ago, when I was a ward clerk, I'd move them back with the notation of "regroup with parents". You can probably still do that with a Special Request.

Otherwise, all you can do is move them back to the prior ward (and hope the parents haven't moved while the child was away.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”