Can I subscribe to Calendars in two Stakes?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
GrandpaDoug1

Can I subscribe to Calendars in two Stakes?

Post by GrandpaDoug1 »

My Family History Center is housed in "Stake 'A' but serves Stake 'B' as well. It's difficult to juggle our schedule without access to both calendars. Is it possible for me to subscribe to (read only) Calendars in two Stakes? if so, how do I set it up?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can I subscribe to Calendars in two Stakes?

Post by russellhltn »

You'd have to be made an "out of unit" leader. I'm not sure as Stake 'B' would be willing to add you. It's nothing you can do only from your end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I suggest you submit your request through the "Feedback" link found on various pages on lds.org. You might also suggest this to your stake president to see if he'd want to bring this up with his priesthood leaders.

I can see that several of the tools would be valuable if they incorporated some kind of availability to entities that serve more than one stake (Family History Center, Temple, Mission, Welfare Farms/Factories, Family Services, etc.). The church could use the feedback.

I wouldn't expect anything to change in the near future. The tools are fairly new and I believe they aren't used by that many church members yet. I think it's going to take more adoption by church members before the priesthood department invests in allowing these kind of entities to participate more in the tools--if it's ever done (that's my personal opinion; I know nothing about the church's plans or actual adoption rates). But feedback is important.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

GrandpaDoug1 wrote:My Family History Center is housed in "Stake 'A' but serves Stake 'B' as well. It's difficult to juggle our schedule without access to both calendars. Is it possible for me to subscribe to (read only) Calendars in two Stakes? if so, how do I set it up?
I don't understand how being able to access stake calendars would have anything to do with when the Family History Center would be open. Don't most FHC's set standard times on when they are open?
mevans

Post by mevans »

One issue might be that the Family History Center needs to schedule the building for classes, meetings, etc. If the director is in another stake he or she needs to get someone in the host stake to book the rooms.

Another issue might be that the Family History Center schedules classes and it would be nice if people in stakes that it serves can subscribe to the calendar and see what's happening.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gary_Miller wrote:
GrandpaDoug1 wrote:My Family History Center is housed in "Stake 'A' but serves Stake 'B' as well. It's difficult to juggle our schedule without access to both calendars. Is it possible for me to subscribe to (read only) Calendars in two Stakes? if so, how do I set it up?
I don't understand how being able to access stake calendars would have anything to do with when the Family History Center would be open. Don't most FHC's set standard times on when they are open?
It would be good to clarify what the need is. If it's for scheduling of rooms, that can be handled.

I had assumed it was to be able to schedule classes and seminars. It wouldn't be good to schedule a Family History Fair when stake B is having a big event on that day.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
careyt39

Post by careyt39 »

There are other situations where this 'multiple stake access' to various calendars would be very useful. I am assigned as Stake Patriarch to TWO BYU YSA stakes, plus often need access to my 'home stake' details.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

careyt39 wrote:There are other situations where this 'multiple stake access' to various calendars would be very useful. I am assigned as Stake Patriarch to TWO BYU YSA stakes, plus often need access to my 'home stake' details.
As an out-of-unit leader you should have access to all three stakes assuming you are correctly listed in CDOL as patriarch in the two BYU stakes.
careyt39

Post by careyt39 »

How can I check if I am listed in CDOL as patriarch? What is CDOL anyway <gr> ?
careyt39

Post by careyt39 »

Ah - found CDOL....but have no access other than listing me as 'patriarch', but could not find a way to drill down and see specifics.

Return to “Calendar”