My reservations are not visible to other members

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tomirvine

My reservations are not visible to other members

Post by tomirvine »

I am the Stake Center building schedule coordinator.

The reservations that I make are only visible to me in a light-grey font. My entries are invisible to other stake members.

This is causing some confusion and consteration.

How do I make my reservation entries visible to others?

Please help.

Thank you,
Tom Irvine
Gary_Miller

Re: My reservations are not visible to other members

Post by Gary_Miller »

In order for others to see the reservations they need to have selected the building on the left hand side of the screen where the reservations are and they need to be in the week view. This will also allow then to see events added by other wards or on calendars that they may not have subscribed to.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tomirvine wrote:How do I make my reservation entries visible to others?
You might consider that reservations are not really intended to be seen by the other members. They simply restrict a building so that only a certain unit may calendar resources at a certain time.

The members who are calendar editors would calendar their events as usual, selecting resources (usually rooms) needed, and then the calendar system would indicate any conflict with another event in the same room(s), or a restriction because it is not intended that the ward calendaring the event be using the resource at that time.

The calendar editor never needs to actually see the reservations (building restrictions) to do this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tomirvine wrote:The reservations that I make are only visible to me in a light-grey font. My entries are invisible to other stake members.

This is causing some confusion and consteration.

How do I make my reservation entries visible to others?
If you are trying to "reserve" locations for events - using "Reservations" for that is a bad idea. Also, if you are attempting to schedule locations for multiple units - the new system doesn't work that way. The new system is more "self service" - at least to the unit level.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”