Birth Country always showing up in Spanish

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
B_Seegmiller

Birth Country always showing up in Spanish

Post by B_Seegmiller »

Ever since I was called as stake clerk, I've noticed that in the on-line directory that the birth country of a member's listing always shows up in Spanish, while the rest of the page of information is in English. Platforms iOS 6 and MacOS 10.6.8, Safari both, and Firefox on MacOS.
Xxxxxxx, Xxxxxx Xxxxx (Head of Household)
Spouse: Xxxxxxx, Xxxxx Xxxxxx
Priesthood Office: Xxxxxxxx

BIRTHPLACE
San Diego, San Diego, California
BIRTH COUNTRY
Estados Unidos de América
Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Birth Country always showing up in Spanish

Post by russellhltn »

Is that for all members, or just the ones that have been though or are in a Spanish-language ward?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
B_Seegmiller

Post by B_Seegmiller »

Members in both English and Spanish wards. My record shows my birth country in Spanish, and I've never been in a Spanish ward. This has been since I received my stake clerk access last November that shows extra detail in members' records.

A search of the Wiki queries me to create the page instead.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That does seem odd. I'd call Local Unit Support and talk to them. We're primarily user-to-user support. So unless someone knows of something you can do, or a church employee happens along, I think LUS is your best bet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:That does seem odd. I'd call Local Unit Support and talk to them. We're primarily user-to-user support. So unless someone knows of something you can do, or a church employee happens along, I think LUS is your best bet.
Note that although you've posted in the Directory forum, you must be talking about the Leader and Clerk Resources site. The birth place is not shown in the Directory, even for leaders, and the format of the data in your example below is definitely from Leader and Clerk Resources. If you talk to LUS, you should be clear about which site you're talking about to avoid confusion.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:Note that although you've posted in the Directory forum, you must be talking about the Leader and Clerk Resources site.
That's been fixed.

B_Seegmiller

Post by B_Seegmiller »

you must be talking about the Leader and Clerk Resources site
Good point. Since it's fairly seamlessly integrated into the LDS.org log-in, it's not always easy to glean when I'm on a different place, unless I have to log into it (such as some of the other available to leaders). I'll mention this to LUS (assuming that's Local Unit Support?)
That's been fixed.
What has been fixed?

Just looked again (in Firefox, the latest, since it just upgraded itself) on a random member in our stake.
---------

Other Information

Birthplace
Brooklyn, Kings, NY
Birth Country
Estados Unidos de América
B_Seegmiller

Post by B_Seegmiller »

Just submitted an on-line feedback, but think that calling might be better (talking to a live person). Lots of the responses to the on-line feedback from the Church Web site come from volunteers, and this looks like something for one of the "pros" (software folk).
Thank you for your feedback.

Because of volume, we are unable to respond to every message, but please be assured that your feedback will be read.

This feedback system is powered by a third party company
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

cheerioboy wrote:
That's been fixed.
What has been fixed?
He meant that he moved the topic to the more appropriate Leader and Clerk Resources forum, not that the bug had been fixed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:
cheerioboy wrote:
That's been fixed.
What has been fixed?
He meant that he moved the topic to the more appropriate Leader and Clerk Resources forum, not that the bug had been fixed.
Correct. I indicated that by quoting the part about this being in the wrong forum.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”