Uneditable/Removable Calling in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dkarbuckle

Uneditable/Removable Calling in MLS

Post by dkarbuckle »

I have been going through all of our callings in MLS and trying to make sure all of the names are aligned with the default names and removing some of the custom callings we were using. During this process, I found a custom calling for a member in our "Other" category that I can't do anything with. Instead of having a blue text that is clickable for the calling name, it is black and I can't edit this calling or remove it.

Any idea how to fix this problem?
Biggles

Re: Uneditable/Removable Calling in MLS

Post by Biggles »

This could be from a Stake MLS entry, which aren't editable on the Ward level MLS.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

This is from the latest mls 3.5 upgrade. To remove it you have to go to the area where you create custom callings and delete the whole calling.
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

Thanks for the replies.

Biggles -- This isn't a Stake MLS entry, it is one that I created.

Gary -- I thought I tried deleting the custom calling, but this didn't make a difference. I'll give this a try again and see what happens.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

dkarbuckle wrote:Thanks for the replies.

Biggles -- This isn't a Stake MLS entry, it is one that I created.

Gary -- I thought I tried deleting the custom calling, but this didn't make a difference. I'll give this a try again and see what happens.
You can also try requesting a unit data refresh. This should clear up a problem that was caused by creating custom positions in MLS 3.5.1.
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

JonesRK wrote:You can also try requesting a unit data refresh. This should clear up a problem that was caused by creating custom positions in MLS 3.5.1.
Thanks Ryan. I was planning on doing that after we have our membership audit this Sunday. Is there any concern about loosing local data when you do a refresh?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dkarbuckle wrote:Is there any concern about loosing local data when you do a refresh?
I would do a print-out of all local positions. Any that are not recorded at the other end will disappear.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

russellhltn wrote:I would do a print-out of all local positions. Any that are not recorded at the other end will disappear.
Thanks. I was planning on doing that...wouldn't want to loose any information.
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

Just wanted to report back that I resolved this issue by deleting the custom position that was causing the problem and then adding it back in. There are one of two things that may have caused this issue: upgrading to the most recent version of MLS and/or moving over to a new computer after we did the update. One interesting thing that I found during this process is that all of the custom positions, in every category, were duplicated. So I also cleaned these up too.

Now my last problem is that I have several duplicate callings that show up when viewing this via LDS.org, but these duplicates don't appear in MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dkarbuckle wrote:Now my last problem is that I have several duplicate callings that show up when viewing this via LDS.org, but these duplicates don't appear in MLS.
I think the answer to that is similar. Delete it completely, sync. Refresh. Do not add anyone back in until you've eliminated them on-line.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”