Mission Name or City Mission on MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Lvit2weav

Mission Name or City Mission on MLS

Post by Lvit2weav »

I am 1st Councilor in Bishopric and the Bishopric used to have access to see under individual record then Temple / Mission then you use to see the mission city but now only see mission language and country. So the Bishop signed on and saw Language = English and Country = United States. We use to see what City or Mission but now we don't see where in the United States he served in. Can this be put back? Why was it removed? We are working on a project with the youth in the ward on where members have served at but we could only run a report that shows the Country and Language and not city. If anyone knows why this was removed please let me know.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Mission Name or City Mission on MLS

Post by aebrown »

There's no way to prove whose memory is correct, but I've been looking at membership records for many years, and I don't recall ever seeing the mission name or city. It's always just been just the mission language and the mission country. So according to my recollection, nothing has changed in this regard. (And in case you're wondering, I've certainly had enough permissions to see any confidential information on membership records, so this can't be a permissions issue.)
Lvit2weav

Post by Lvit2weav »

A few months ago we all did see it. And now we can't. That is interesting you know nothing about that. Has anybody else seen it?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Lvit2weav wrote:A few months ago we all did see it. And now we can't. That is interesting you know nothing about that. Has anybody else seen it?
Are you in the US or somewhere else? I've been a clerk for over 6 years and like aebrown I've only ever seen country and language that whole time. I'm certain that's all we've ever had in MLS in our unit during that time.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Another piece of concrete evidence is in the training lesson Update Membership Records, which on slide 14 has an image of a sample membership record, and it specifically says "Mission Country and Language."

That training lesson must be at least 8 years old (I found references to it from 2005).
Lvit2weav

Post by Lvit2weav »

There was 4 of us that has seen this on LDS.Org under secured Leadership. We saw it under individual look up. I thought what was in MLS is what shows on LDS.org. Is this the problem?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Lvit2weav wrote:There was 4 of us that has seen this on LDS.Org under secured Leadership. We saw it under individual look up. I thought what was in MLS is what shows on LDS.org. Is this the problem?
I can't be as confident about the Clerk and Leader Resources site but I have used it since it was first made available and my recollection is that it also only showed country and language from the start. I'm pretty sure I looked at my own record when it first came out and that's all there was.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Since the website seems to be under constant revision, it seems more likely that it might have changed it's display then MLS which is not receiving as much attention from developers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”