Cannot diplay lesson schedule for year

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
MichaelPalagi

Cannot diplay lesson schedule for year

Post by MichaelPalagi »

I cannot display the lesson scheldule calendar for the year. I have checked High Priest button. The page indicates my Ward correctly, but it says "High Priests - Not Specified" I have no idea what that means but may indicate some sort of issue. My group leader can view the lesson schedule on his IPAD, so on a hunch I asked if I could try loggin in on it. I did and on his IPAD I do see the calendar. So I thought my home computer must be blocking it somehow. I put www.lds.org in my trusted websights list and turned off pop-up-blocker for thiis website and still can not see the lesson schedule for the year.

Any ideas on what's wrong?
Thanx
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Cannot diplay lesson schedule for year

Post by jdlessley »

MichaelPalagi wrote:The page indicates my Ward correctly, but it says "High Priests - Not Specified"...
That means it is a lesson, such as the first or fourth lesson of the month, in which the topic has not been entered. The first, fourth and fifth Sunday lessons do not come from the designated lesson manual. The High Priest Group Leader or a member of the group leadership must provide the lesson topic and, if available, a link to the lesson material. When that is not done there is nothing for the program to display so it displays the message "Not Specified".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
MichaelPalagi

Post by MichaelPalagi »

My Group leader did populate the entier year - with lesson and instructor. I have seen it on his IPAD. Also, as I stated above, when I loged in (with my account) on his IPAD I also saw the entier year. It's only on my home cmputer that it does not show anything.

I will try the LDSTech wiki. Thanx
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

MichaelPalagi wrote: It's only on my home cmputer that it does not show anything.
I thought you said it displayed "High Priests - Not Specified".

Below is how my ward Lesson Schedule page looks for the High Priests when no lesson is scheduled. Is that how yours looks?

[attachment=2]Lesson 24 Feb.jpg[/attachment]

When you click the "View Year" link what do you get? Is is something like the image below where no lessons are added for the 1st, 4th, and 5th Sundays? (Note you shouldn't see "Administration" or "Events" in the menu bar unless you are an administrator.)

[attachment=1]2013 High Priests.jpg[/attachment]

Or does it look something like the image below?

[attachment=0]2013 High Priests Blank.jpg[/attachment]

If it looks like the last image then the full page is not downloading. I have experienced some delays in downloads lasting up to a minute. But if you are waiting for several minutes then it could be a number of local problems. The most common page rendering problems are browser or Internet connection speed issues. My first question for local troubleshooting is what is your browser and version?

Just for information, the head bust icon with the words "Not Specified" in the 2nd and 3rd image means an instructor was not assigned for the High Priest class.
Attachments
Lesson 24 Feb.jpg
Lesson 24 Feb.jpg (10.58 KiB) Viewed 684 times
2013 High Priests.jpg
2013 High Priests.jpg (23.2 KiB) Viewed 683 times
2013 High Priests Blank.jpg
2013 High Priests Blank.jpg (7.62 KiB) Viewed 683 times
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
MichaelPalagi

Post by MichaelPalagi »

1) I do see Not Specified located just under teh High Priest line.
2) I do see Administrator and Events - I think that is because I am the second councilor in the HP Group.
3) On my home PC, it looks like the first one (with only High Priest listed), BUT when I click on the View Year - nothing happens. I have COX high speed internet - speed is not the issue. It works fine and updates fast on other web sites.
4) When I log on to my freinds IPAD it looks like screen shot 2 above - i.e. I do see the schedule for the entire year. So I know the data (instructor/lesson) has been entered into the schedule and is available.
5) I have Windows 7 and am using Windows IE 8 Version 8.0.7601.17514 for my browser. I have put the church web site in the trusted links and even tried turning off pop-up-blocker to no avail.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

MichaelPalagi wrote:5) I have Windows 7 and am using Windows IE 8 Version 8.0.7601.17514 for my browser.
I'd recommend that you upgrade your browser. As you can read in Recommended Browsers for LDS.org Tools, IE8 is not a recommended browser for the tools on LDS.org. It can lead to odd display issues, which could certainly explain the problems you are having.

Since you are using Windows 7, you can upgrade to a more recent version of Internet Explorer. Or better yet, you could use Chrome or Firefox.
MichaelPalagi

Post by MichaelPalagi »

Updated to Chrome. it works. Thanx!

Return to “Lesson Schedules”