iPad isn't syncing

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
ronterry

iPad isn't syncing

Post by ronterry »

I have tried several times to sync my scripture annotations, notes, etc. made on my iPad 3 to lds.org but it doesn't seem to do it. Is there a problem that I'm not aware of?
ronterry

iPad isn't syncing

Post by ronterry »

I have tried syncing my annotations several times but nothing happens. Within the settings area on my iPad, it states that there are "5037 changes pending since the last sync on Dec. 31, 2000.' When I look on the computer, the last annotations that show up were on August 16, 2012.

I have annotated the entire Book of Mormon and added many notes and links. I really don't want to lose this work.

Help, please?

Is there a way of backing up my annotations on my iPad so that I can reinstall the app and then try to sync again?
jrbond008

Re: iPad isn't syncing

Post by jrbond008 »

I was having the same problem you described. After I did a complete shut down and reboot of my ipad, the sync worked properly again. I hope that helps.
michaelwebb

Post by michaelwebb »

Didn't work for me. Yet another sync fail.
ronterry

Post by ronterry »

Sorry, I have been absent for awhile. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have tried to reboot several times but it doesn't work. It still isn't syncing properly.
ronterry

Post by ronterry »

Will I lose everything if I delete the app and reinstall it? Are all of the annotations saved on my LDS account?
raquelt5

Post by raquelt5 »

I am having the same problem. I have contacted them 4 times now and no reply. Also, I have deleted the app and reinstalled and it still has the same date issue. Dec 31, 2000. I wish they would at least acknowledge the problem.
Zhopkins

Post by Zhopkins »

I have the same problem as well, mine also shows the December 31, 2000 thing (I have the iPad 2)
dsterry44

Post by dsterry44 »

I have been having syncing problems with Gospel Library with my ipod touch (iOS6.1.3) that worked in the past though a bit sporadic and have gotten worse. I had no updates success in syncing for two weeks so finally I removed the app and reloaded now I have zero notes. They show up on my lds.org scriptures still.

If this is global problem.. then it seems pretty serious.

thanks for the help.
cfipilot99

Post by cfipilot99 »

I am having the same problem. With the new GL it is driving me crazy. Anyone receive an answer yet?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”