Do Infant Blessing Remain on Record?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Do Infant Blessing Remain on Record?

Post by kalnius »

I have a situation where I was given information concerning the blessing of infants (all in the same family) who are now 4, 6 and 7 years of age. I was asked by our stake clerk to see if these were recorded.

All of these children are listed under the same household and all have member records. I assume that since they are assigned a member record number and show up on our ward primary rolls and classes that these blessings were recorded.

There is no record of the infant blessing on the member record - however, none of the children in our ward have a record of the blessing on their member records.

Our stake clerk isn't sure of this now - as it appears to have changed from years back.

Do I assume that these blessing were recorded? Should I call church headquarters?

Thanks.
eblood66

Re: Do Infant Blessing Remain on Record?

Post by eblood66 »

bhead wrote:I have a situation where I was given information concerning the blessing of infants (all in the same family) who are now 4, 6 and 7 years of age. I was asked by our stake clerk to see if these were recorded.

All of these children are listed under the same household and all have member records. I assume that since they are assigned a member record number and show up on our ward primary rolls and classes that these blessings were recorded.

There is no record of the infant blessing on the member record - however, none of the children in our ward have a record of the blessing on their member records.

Our stake clerk isn't sure of this now - as it appears to have changed from years back.

Do I assume that these blessing were recorded? Should I call church headquarters?

Thanks.
Blessings are not recorded as part of the permanent membership record since they are not saving ordinances. They will show up in MLS as long as the record remains in the unit where the blessing was first recorded. But as soon as the record moves to a new unit the blessing will disappear. The only permanent record of the blessing is the certificate which should have been given to the family.
kalnius

Re: Do Infant Blessing Remain on Record?

Post by kalnius »

Thanks. The ordinances were performed in another unit. Since they have a member record number, I suppose I can let this go and assume it was done.

Return to “Membership Help”