Can't administer private calendars.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Gary_Miller

Re: Can't administer private calendars.

Post by Gary_Miller »

Can you even open up the private calendar editor page?

If so look in the upper right hand corner you should see "Add new person". There is not a button just the word in blue underlined click on the words.

To remove someone you just click on the "X". Its a square red box with a white X inside.

Note: We don't have private calendars that I (as an administrator) did not create so I don't know if that makes a difference. I would think it should not make a difference.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Gary_Miller wrote:Note: We don't have private calendars that I (as an administrator) did not create so I don't know if that makes a difference. I would think it should not make a difference.
But it does seem to make a difference with private calendars. Some of our administrators cannot see private calendars unless they created them or were added by someone else who created them. In other words, they do not gain access to private calendars simply because they are administrators.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

lajackson wrote:
Gary_Miller wrote:Note: We don't have private calendars that I (as an administrator) did not create so I don't know if that makes a difference. I would think it should not make a difference.
But it does seem to make a difference with private calendars. Some of our administrators cannot see private calendars unless they created them or were added by someone else who created them. In other words, they do not gain access to private calendars simply because they are administrators.
I think I'll have our other default administrators test this out tomorrow and see what happens.
jrose219

Post by jrose219 »

Gary,

I see the calendar, and can access the admin page for the calendar. But the "add new person" and the red 'x' to remove someone does not exist. This is true on a calendar that I added someone to last year, so it was working. Now, I can't add or remove. Same using Chrome or IE9. Thanks for your help!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Gary_Miller wrote:Since the Stake Assistant Exec. is not a standard calling therefore you will have to add him by name.
Actually Stake Assistant Executive Secretary is a standard calling.
jrose219

Post by jrose219 »

This issue seems to be fixed now. Thanks.

Return to “Calendar”