Should there be a Notes and Journal forum?

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
mevans

Should there be a Notes and Journal forum?

Post by mevans »

Under the LDS.org website forum, there is a subforum for each tool except Notes and Journal. I'm wondering if there should be a separate forum for Notes and Journal? Maybe the correct place to discuss this is in the Online Scriptures forum, but if that's the case, should it be renamed to something like Notes and Journal, Online Scriptures and Articles?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Should there be a Notes and Journal forum?

Post by aebrown »

The Online Scripture forum section has far more discussion about Notes and Journal than about the scriptures themselves. So I would vote for the option of simply renaming that existing forum so that the title is more inclusive: "Notes and Journal, Online Scriptures and Articles" is rather long and clunky, but it would work. We could probably remove the word "Online" since this forum is a subforum of LDS.org Website, so that word is rather redundant.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

aebrown wrote:The Online Scripture forum section has far more discussion about Notes and Journal than about the scriptures themselves. So I would vote for the option of simply renaming that existing forum so that the title is more inclusive: "Notes and Journal, Online Scriptures and Articles" is rather long and clunky, but it would work. We could probably remove the word "Online" since this forum is a subforum of LDS.org Website, so that word is rather redundant.
I would suggest "Scriptures, Articles, Notes & Journals"
mevans

Post by mevans »

techgy wrote:I would suggest "Scriptures, Articles, Notes & Journals"
I like your suggestion.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I like having Scriptures as the first word.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The forum summary will also need adjustment.

@ moderators and admins,
I think we should continue the discussion of this implementation in the Moderator Training & Chat forum. I've started a thread there for this purpose.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Help with this forum”