Clerk for two branches but can only see one on lds.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
nilskm

Clerk for two branches but can only see one on lds.org

Post by nilskm »

Hello!

I am clerk for two different branches. When i log in at lds.org and look at clerk resources I can only see one of those branches. I wonder if it's possible to choose which branch to show? And yes I am correctly listed as branch clerk for both branches in the church directory.

Best regards

Nils
mdyoung

Re: Clerk for two branches but can only see one on lds.org

Post by mdyoung »

Wow, that is an interesting problem. I don't see any option where switching units would be possible (for a ward/branch clerk). I assume that you only have access to the unit where your record resides.

First, I would make sure that you have done this, https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... d?lang=eng.

Second, it used to be that a stake administrator would have to place an out of unit member in a leadership position on lds.org for things like bishop of singles' ward etc. I don't know if that is the case anymore with the recent changes to MLS and lds.org (I've never had stake access) but at least it is an avenue you may explore. That way you record would remain in your home unit while you would also occupy the leadership position in the other unit. I don't know if that would give you access to multiple clerical tools though.

Finally, you might be able to manage both units if you had a stake/district level clerical position but that would probably give you too much access to other units. Unfortunately that is the only way I know of. You might ask your stake clerk if he can grant additional access.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

nilskm wrote:I am clerk for two different branches. When i log in at lds.org and look at clerk resources I can only see one of those branches.
Is it your home branch, the one where your records are kept?

One of those clerk callings must be an out of unit leadership position. You should be entered into the branch MLS as an out of unit member in the branch you are serving as an out of unit clerk and then assigned the position as branch clerk. If each calling has been recorded properly, you should appear in the each branch's online directory in the branch presidency as the branch clerk. You can also check CDOL for both branches to see if you are listed there correctly.

If both callings are correctly listed in CDOL and you only have access to one branch (your home branch) in Clerk Resources then the problem is with Clerk Resources. It may not be programmed to handle members holding the same leadership position in two units.

I know there was a problem for those called to serve both as a ward clerk and a stake clerk in Leader and Clerk Resources. The access for the stake position had priority. I am not certain as to whether that issue was resolved.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jdlessley wrote:
nilskm wrote:I am clerk for two different branches. When i log in at lds.org and look at clerk resources I can only see one of those branches.
Is it your home branch, the one where your records are kept?
His positions are correct in CDOL.
jdlessley wrote: I know there was a problem for those called to serve both as a ward clerk and a stake clerk in Leader and Clerk Resources. The access for the stake position had priority. I am not certain as to whether that issue was resolved.
It was resolved. If you have multiple position types it gives you a drop down (just below the member lookup) for which position type you want to use. I'm guessing the problem here is that it doesn't handle multiple units well. And where the position type is the same the drop down doesn't even show up.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”