Online shared Agenda within LDS.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
hotletterbox

Online shared Agenda within LDS.org

Post by hotletterbox »

When will the church provide file sharing so we can have a online agenda doc accessed by the Bishopric and PEC etc.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

hotletterbox wrote:When will the church provide file sharing so we can have a online agenda doc accessed by the Bishopric and PEC etc.
No one knows if that's even on the roadmap. But there is a rather lengthy discussion of this topic in the thread Sharing documents. You can search the forum and find other discussions as well.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

For our bishopric and PEC we have everything in Google Docs. It took awhile to get everyone comfortable with it (and anyone can create a Google Docs account, not just gmail users), but now we are starting to see some benefits since everyone can see the agendas (and edit them if they are comfortable).
hotletterbox

Re: Online shared Agenda within LDS.org

Post by hotletterbox »

Our Stake uses DropBox extensively, but that just reminds me of how we use something and then the church brings out their own version, so there must be something on the horizon?

Things I have seen or requested and then seen implemented later on lds.org;
1. Music broken down to parts for play back and learning aid
2. Google maps and member locations in ward boundries
3. MLS from home

Still waiting for ward newsletter to be included at ward homepage
and now file sharing
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

hotletterbox wrote:Still waiting for ward newsletter to be included at ward homepage
What do you consider to be a ward homepage? The classic LUWS in which wards and stakes had a home page was deactivated at the end of last year. There currently is no ward or stake homepage (landing page).
hotletterbox wrote:Our Stake uses DropBox extensively, but that just reminds me of how we use something and then the church brings out their own version, so there must be something on the horizon?
It just may be in the works. We just don't know if it is. The Church does not normally release information about planned programs they may be working on.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
hotletterbox

Post by hotletterbox »

wow, I just checked, I guess it has been a while.
I always liked the public home/landing/splash page, content without log in.
showing my age, thanks for pointing that out JD... lol

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”