LDS Tools Leader Resources

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
jstrunk

LDS Tools Leader Resources

Post by jstrunk »

I am a counselor in a bishopric and I am on the latest build released through the Play Store. I now have ages, birthdays, and MRNs for each ward member, but not ordinances and other information that I have access to in MLS and online. Our Bishop and Ward Clerk are also both on Android and have this additional information with the latest Play Store release. Is this a bug or by design to have less information for counselors?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Tools Leader Resources

Post by lajackson »

Stake presidents, bishops, and their respective clerks seem to get most of the information available on the membership record. Counselors do not. I think ages, birthdays, and MRNs are all you are going to get. It seems to be programmed that way for iOS devices, so I suspect Android will be the same.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Rights for information in MLS are set by the ward, which in most cases assume that Counselors in the Bishopric should have full access membership records . However, if the rights are set based on the Handbook of Instructions only Bishops and Clerks should have access to membership records. The rights in Leader Resources are base on the Handbook of Instructions.
kenkonesky

Post by kenkonesky »

I was just set apart today as bishop in our ward. LCR was updated so I am listed as the Bishop. My Android LDS tools still doesn't show ordinance information. I have synced multiple times, but still no luck. I also went to see if there was an update to the application, and I'm current. What do I need to fix?
Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kenkonesky wrote:I was just set apart today as bishop in our ward. LCR was updated so I am listed as the Bishop. My Android LDS tools still doesn't show ordinance information. I have synced multiple times, but still no luck. I also went to see if there was an update to the application, and I'm current. What do I need to fix?
Wait. It typically takes about a day or so for the permissions to work it's way though the system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
kenkonesky wrote:I was just set apart today as bishop in our ward. LCR was updated so I am listed as the Bishop. My Android LDS tools still doesn't show ordinance information. I have synced multiple times, but still no luck. I also went to see if there was an update to the application, and I'm current. What do I need to fix?
Wait. It typically takes about a day or so for the permissions to work it's way though the system.
As I understood, in the past, the calling is verified manually, before the necessary permissions are implemented.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:As I understood, in the past, the calling is verified manually, before the necessary permissions are implemented.
I'm not sure if that's still true. I watched over the shoulder of the stake clerk as he put in a new bishop and it seemed to take immediately - at least as displayed in LCR. I didn't ask how long it took for him to get permissions or for it to go to CDOL.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Biggles wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
As I understood, in the past, the calling is verified manually, before the necessary permissions are implemented.
That has been relaxed, most of the time the bishop's calling will be published immediately without any manual verification.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”