webcast in the cultural hall? audio options?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
nognielsen

webcast in the cultural hall? audio options?

Post by nognielsen »

We have a new legacy stake center. I have an odd request from the Stake Presidency (I'm the STS) They would like to web cast an Eagle court of honor from the cultural hall...

I can figure out the video option easily either plug directly from the camera to the webcast box or through the camera jack in the overflow and run a long av cable, However the audio I'm a bit confused on. There's no audio "out" for the cultural hall that I know of.

does the the cultural hall audio come out of the audio "out" jack in the av cabinet in the library if the chapel PA system is off?

I've read the following thread but it was not totally applicable.

http://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 06e#p98489

Thanks!
johnshaw

Re: webcast in the cultural hall? audio options?

Post by johnshaw »

I believe you'll need an Audio switch, take the microphone into the switch, then pass it through to the cultural hall system, and take another output from the switch to the webcast box.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JohnShaw wrote:I believe you'll need an Audio switch, take the microphone into the switch, then pass it through to the cultural hall system, and take another output from the switch to the webcast box.
I believe you're describing a mic splitter, not a switch. That's one way to do it.

Using a mixer would be more common - and a more versatile piece of equipment.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michaelfish

Other options

Post by michaelfish »

...or use a wireless microphone and connect the receiver's XLR jack into the cultural hall sound system and connect the line level audio (RCA or 1/4" phone jack) into the webcast unit or PC.

...or use the microphone on the camera and plug it's audio into the webcast unit.

...or use a wired microphone connected to the webcast unit.

...or run a really long microphone cord into the chapel, plug it into one of the available jacks in the chapel, open the bi-fold curtains, turn on the chapel sound and overflow sound, connect the hearing impaired receiver into the webcast unit...I"M JUST KIDDING!
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Nope.. Mixer was what I was thinking of... Networking on the brain is guess
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
nognielsen

Post by nognielsen »

Great I have a mixer so that should work... Just got a find a network jack that works in the cultural hall now!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Other options

Post by lajackson »

michaelfish wrote:...or run a really long microphone cord into the chapel, plug it into one of the available jacks in the chapel, open the bi-fold curtains, turn on the chapel sound and overflow sound, connect the hearing impaired receiver into the webcast unit...I"M JUST KIDDING!
Don't laugh. It works, especially when the cultural hall part of the sound system is not behaving as it should.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”