Moving a resource from one location to another

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
BrentAFisher

Moving a resource from one location to another

Post by BrentAFisher »

I have created a new location called "Stake Offices". The rooms in this location are in another location already (Stake Center). Now I have the High Council Room in both the Stake Center and the Stake Offices locations. I now want to delete the High Council Room from the Stake Center. The system won't allow me to delete it. So the High Council Room could get double booked. How do I resolve this? Thank you.
johnshaw

Re: Moving a resource from one location to another

Post by johnshaw »

Access the Locations & Rooms area of the settings menu, and select your Stake Center as the location (In the Left-most section). In the Center section select 'Edit' and on the right-most section you will see the resources with check boxes on whether to make them available as resources at that particular location. Un-check the High Council Room. Which assumes you have the option selected to schedule individual rooms at the location.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
BrentAFisher

Post by BrentAFisher »

I have already done this. It did not work. I unclicked the box but I could not save the change.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brentafisher wrote:I have already done this. It did not work. I unclicked the box but I could not save the change.
I wonder if that's because there are one or more events scheduled for that location? I'm not aware of that functionality, but that doesn't mean it's not there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
brentafisher wrote:I have already done this. It did not work. I unclicked the box but I could not save the change.
I wonder if that's because there are one or more events scheduled for that location? I'm not aware of that functionality, but that doesn't mean it's not there.
That's not how it works when you remove (or deselect) a room that is used by one or more events or reservations. Instead, when you click Save after removing a room that is being used, you get a prompt that says: "You have removed either some rooms or equipment. Any events that have scheduled these items will lose their reservation on these items. Are you sure you want to do this?"

The system doesn't simply refuse to save the change.
BrentAFisher

Post by BrentAFisher »

Typically, I get the warning message as described. But not with my effort to delete the High Council Room from the list. I can unclick the room. But I cannot save it and no message appears. I had already rescheduled all recurring meetings and individual meetings that I was aware of to another location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:The system doesn't simply refuse to save the change.
Was this for a standard room or a custom one? I wonder if that might make a difference.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
aebrown wrote:The system doesn't simply refuse to save the change.
Was this for a standard room or a custom one? I wonder if that might make a difference.
Makes no difference -- it works the same for standard or custom rooms (and for custom, it works the same whether you are deselecting or deleting the custom room).
BrentAFisher

Post by BrentAFisher »

This was a standard room. The same location (stake center) also does a strange thing with the Primary Building Scheduler assignment. I have 5 people listed as building schedulers. The Stake President and his counselors want to have building scheduler capabilities; so, they are listed as building schedulers along with myself and the agent Bishop's Ward Executive Secretary. With the stake center location, the primary building scheduler keeps switching to the Stake President who is listed first. I don't what triggers it since sometimes stays on the Ward Executive Secretary. All other locations stay fixed. I have no problems with any modifications including room/resource changes.

Return to “General Discussions”