Can't add event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
stephacob

Can't add event

Post by stephacob »

I can't add an event to my ward calendar even though I have rights as the Sunday School President. Clicking on the date does not bring up event scheduling and dragging on the time span also does not work. Any help would be appreciated.
Gary_Miller

Re: Can't add event

Post by Gary_Miller »

You may only have view rights and not edit rights. Or you may not have rights to the calendar your trying to add the event to. As Sunday School president you may only have the rights to the Sunday School calendar and not the general "Ward Calendar".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Odds are that you don't have edit rights to any calendars. The only ones who automatically get rights is the bishopric and clerks. All others have to have calendars created and be added to an appropriate calendar.

I suggest you work though a member of the bishopric to get what you want scheduled.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
failproof

Post by failproof »

For my ward, we don't have any Sunday School Events anyway, so we don't have a Sunday School calendar and the Sunday School Presidency don't have edit permissions on any of the other calendars. Are the kinds of things that you might be thinking you want to add to the calendar as a Sunday School President things like lesson schedules? If so, you should take a look at the Lessons Schedules web page (https://www.lds.org/lesson/) from the LDS.org tools menu (same place the Calendar is found).
Tgvphoto

Post by Tgvphoto »

Im the sunday school president of my ward and like the previous enquirer, would like to add lesson schedules to the calendar for ease of access. Rather than having to log onto the website and have to navigate to the lesson schedules menu, i would prefer the lesson schedules being synced to my calendar. Is this possible and if so, how do i make the lesson schedules available to all ward members who have smart devices?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Tgvphoto wrote:Im the sunday school president of my ward and like the previous enquirer, would like to add lesson schedules to the calendar for ease of access. Rather than having to log onto the website and have to navigate to the lesson schedules menu, i would prefer the lesson schedules being synced to my calendar. Is this possible and if so, how do i make the lesson schedules available to all ward members who have smart devices?
You need to speak to a member of the bishopric to get a calendar set up for you. Being a SS President doesn't automatically grant any rights in the current system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Tgvphoto wrote:Rather than having to log onto the website and have to navigate to the lesson schedules menu, i would prefer the lesson schedules being synced to my calendar. Is this possible and if so, how do i make the lesson schedules available to all ward members who have smart devices?
Lesson Schedules is a separate LDS.org Tool from the Calendar. Lesson Schedules cannot be linked into Calendar. You can create events on the Calendar to reflect what is in the Lesson Schedules Tools application manually if you like. This is discussed in the Lesson Schedule in Calendar topic thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
loribyers

Post by loribyers »

I am the RS president and know that i have both edit and view rights--i helped our branch president set these up. When he signs in on my computer, it works for him, but when I sign in on my computer it doesn't let me edit. We have looked and tried adding rights using both my position (RS Pres) and my name. Any suggestions? I only have one sign-on.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

You need to have you clerk check and make sure you are in the MLS under the standard calling of RS President and not a custom calling.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

loribyers wrote:I am the RS president and know that i have both edit and view rights--i helped our branch president set these up.
Edit rights are granted per calendar and not as a general permission for every calendar. If there is one or more calendars in which you were given edit permissions by calling then what Gary_Miller stated applies. If you were given edit permissions by name then you should be able to add or edit events for the calendars to which you were added as an editor.
loribyers wrote:When he signs in on my computer, it works for him, but when I sign in on my computer it doesn't let me edit.
Your branch president has administrator rights. Therefore he can add or edit events for any public branch calendar. You should only be able to add or edit events for calendars for which you have been added as an editor.
loribyers wrote:We have looked and tried adding rights using both my position (RS Pres) and my name.
How long has it been since you were added as an editor? It can take up to 24 hours, and sometimes longer, after being added as an editor for the permissions to take affect.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”