Downloading from "Mormon Messages"

Discussions about other Church websites
rbwheeler

Downloading from "Mormon Messages"

Post by rbwheeler »

Some clips can be downloaded others cannot. I need material that is not downloadable for classes. For example: "Blessings of the Priesthood" cannot be downloaded.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Downloading from "Mormon Messages"

Post by jdlessley »

There is no other legal method to download the video. One reason some videos cannot be downloaded is because they may have a copyright that may not permit it. If you have questions regarding copyrighted material, refer to the Questions and Copyright Requests section of the Terms of Use for the Mormon Channel.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rbwheeler

Post by rbwheeler »

Although a little time consuming I was able to download the video by finding the source of the material posted on "Mormon Messages" IE a conference talk for example. When the material cannot be downloaded it cannot be used in a class because the church network connection either blocks the site and/or is too slow. Hence I can only use downloaded material to maintain a smooth class presentation.
Brycecook

Post by Brycecook »

I want to download "An Apostle's Easter Thoughts on Christ" (an excerpt of Elder Holland's conference talk, "And then there were none"). But this Mormon Message is not on iTunes. Why would that be copyrighted and not downloadable? The full talk itself is.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Brycecook wrote:The full talk itself is [copyrighted].
The copyright of material, in this case the copyright of the complete talk, applies to any portion (excerpt) of the talk. Permission must be obtained to release even the excerpt from the copyright restrictions, or at least grant public distribution.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Other Websites”