PIN

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
gr8dane

PIN

Post by gr8dane »

Today when I attempted to access LDS Tools (Stake, Ward directories, calendar, etc.), I was greeted with a screen which says, "Choose your PIN." There are two input boxes where you choose a PIN, then Confirm your PIN. This is followed by instructions on the rules for creating a PIN. After choosing a PIN and confirming the PIN, there is no "enter" or "submit" button! If I use the "Return" key as an "Enter" button, it just does a return to the next line.
gr8dane

Re: PIN

Post by gr8dane »

After posting my PIN comment, I went back to LDS Tools and in frustration, selected a check mark in the upper right corner of the PIN screen I had previously selected the check mark without success. This time, however, it saved the PIN. Guess by doing something over and over again it actually can produce a different result...
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There should be a "Done" button. After entering the pin and confirming the pin, tapping the "Done" button completes the operation.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jdlessley wrote:There should be a "Done" button.
If memory serves, on my phone I had to hide the keyboard and scroll down a bit to find the "Done" button.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
btphelps

Post by btphelps »

I fail to understand the need for a PIN in the first place. what is the point? my device is already secured. having to enter a PIN at every use is really enjoying and is overkill IMO.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

btphelps wrote:I fail to understand the need for a PIN in the first place. what is the point? my device is already secured. having to enter a PIN at every use is really enjoying and is overkill IMO.
Because in my observations, not everyone password protect their devices! Not a very sensible thing to do, but that is their choice!
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

btphelps wrote:I fail to understand the need for a PIN in the first place. what is the point? my device is already secured. having to enter a PIN at every use is really enjoying and is overkill IMO.
Because the data is stored on your device a PIN is only required for some callings do to the sensitive information you have access to. That way no one can just pick up your device and have access to sensitive membership information.

For example: As a clerk I have to enter a PIN, however my wife who is the YW secretary does not have to enter a PIN.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

gr8dane wrote:After posting my PIN comment, I went back to LDS Tools and in frustration, selected a check mark in the upper right corner of the PIN screen I had previously selected the check mark without success. This time, however, it saved the PIN. Guess by doing something over and over again it actually can produce a different result...
As with you, I had always thought that doing the same thing over again would produce the same result. I have recently started using an Android device and have discovered that this is not true. You can do the same thing over and over and get different results over and over.

But in this particular case, I believe the check mark in the upper right corner of the PIN screen is supposed to function as the "Done" button to which others have referred.

And sometimes it does. [sigh]

Return to “Android Member Tools App”