Event Scheduled on Top of Mine

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
annazjrny

Event Scheduled on Top of Mine

Post by annazjrny »

Wondering if there is a way to set up the calendar so that someone can't go in and schedule a building on the same day as my event. I scheduled the stake center for an all day event for the entire facility. Someone else was able to go up and schedule the building on the same day.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Event Scheduled on Top of Mine

Post by jdlessley »

If people are actually scheduling events properly (more in third paragraph) and not asking the building scheduler to make reservations then the Calendar system will prevent double booking. A reservation does not "book" anything. It only restricts who can create an event at a location, or rooms at a location. Only a properly scheduled event books a location or rooms at a location.

I will venture a guess that one of the events is actually a reservation. The person who asked the building scheduler to make the reservation probably thought that a reservation actually booked the location. All that reservation did was restrict the ability of one unit to schedule an event. A reservation can be placed on top of a scheduled event. This is an intentional capability. But if members and building schedulers are not aware that reservations do not actually book anything then there is the appearance that double booking has occurred when it actually has not.

There is another error that occurs when people actually schedule events but do not properly designate the location. There are three possible scenarios for error that do not actually schedule a location, or rooms at a location. The first scenario is the location is not selected and the person creating the event thinks that since they created the event the building is automatically booked. The second scenario is the person selects "other location" and enters the stake center name in the text box. This also does not book the location. The third scenario is the person selects the location but forgets to either check "Schedule entire location" or select a room or rooms from the list of rooms. It is this last scenario that has bitten several people scheduling events in our four-unit meetinghouse.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Gary_Miller

Re: Event Scheduled on Top of Mine

Post by Gary_Miller »

jdlessley wrote:The third scenario is the person selects the location but forgets to either check "Schedule entire location" or select a room or rooms from the list of rooms. It is this last scenario that has bitten several people scheduling events in our four-unit meetinghouse.
This scenario is not possible, by default the calendar returns a: "Sorry, you must correct the highlighted areas before you can save."

The highlighted area is the room/equipment selection area.

Return to “Calendar”