Patriarch's contact info

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
drepouille

Patriarch's contact info

Post by drepouille »

Our Patriarch moved and changed his phone number last year. His membership record contains the correct contact information. However, his CDOL has not been updated since March 2010. Bishops routinely ask me for his correct telephone number, since MLS prints his old telephone number on the blessing recommend form.

How do we update MLS and the CDOL?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Patriarch's contact info

Post by aebrown »

Do a Stake Leader and Unit Change Request in your stake MLS. One of the tabs there is for the patriarch; you can update his information there and transmit.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Unless MLS has changed recently (I am no longer the Ward Clerk) you have to update the Patriarchal Blessing Recommend form manually. MLS remembers the last information used - it does not pull that information from any membership record or CDOL.

Correcting CDOL is an important thing, but that will not correct the Patriarchal Blessing Recommend - each unit must do that manually in their copy of MLS.

Just bring up the recommend and update the Patriarch's information. The update will stick for the next time (that is how I helped our new Clerk fix it in our ward a couple of months ago).
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I tried to update the Patriarch's contact info with a LUCR. His home phone was already pre-filled with the correct number from his membership record. No home address was listed in the LUCR, so I checked the box to indicate his mailing address was the same as his home address. I decided to enter his home phone number in the cell phone field, and did a send/receive.

About 15 minutes later, I checked the CDOL. His home phone was still wrong, but the cell phone listed matched the home phone I had entered into the cell phone field. His mailing address was correct. I sent a Feedback message saying the home phone was wrong, and I had no way to change it.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:I sent a Feedback message saying the home phone was wrong, and I had no way to change it.
You might ask his ward clerk to change it on his membership record. I also think he can change it himself at the LDS.org Directory, but I do not know if that flows back to MLS and other places.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:
drepouille wrote:I sent a Feedback message saying the home phone was wrong, and I had no way to change it.
You might ask his ward clerk to change it on his membership record. I also think he can change it himself at the LDS.org Directory, but I do not know if that flows back to MLS and other places.
It will flow to MLS but I don't know if it flows to CDOL for a Patriarch.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Well, our patriarch doesn't touch computers. His secretary does his dictation on a computer, but they have no interest in using the online blessing submission system.

The patriarch is even allowing the FHC director in his ward to do his family history and temple work for him. Nice lady.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:Well, our patriarch doesn't touch computers.
Then it is the ward clerk and the membership record that should work.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

My CDOL feedback request did the trick. They changed the home phone and sent me an e-mail to confirm the change.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Now I am confused about the MLS Patriarchal Blessing Recommend. It has a search tool so you can pick the patriarch from a list of members, and thus populate his telephone number and address. Doesn't that assume he lives in your ward? That is a huge assumption.

There are 11 units in my stake, so there is only one unit in the whole stake that can use that search tool to find the patriarch's contact information. Isn't that weird?

Return to “Reports and Forms”