Flash message

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
becky5

Flash message

Post by becky5 »

Every time i try to listen to a talk on LDS.org I get a "Flash Message". I have an iPod and iPad get the message on both. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks!
gregwanderson

Re: Flash message

Post by gregwanderson »

Apple's portable devices don't support "Flash," which is used on the LDS.org site when you click the "listen" button on, say, a General Conference talk. (It's been a longstanding thing with iPhones and iPads. Not necessarily the fault of the web site designers... although with the number of users that have Apple iOS devices, maybe they should re-design the web site.)

But there is a workaround. Click the "Download" button and choose the Audio MP3 file. It will open a window with an MP3 player only. If you want to read the transcript while listening then you'll need to open the MP3 file in another tab.
becky5

Post by becky5 »

Thank you so much for the info.
Jibbycals26

Post by Jibbycals26 »

mrrad wrote:Apple's portable devices don't support "Flash," which is used on the LDS.org site when you click the "listen" button on, say, a General Conference talk. (It's been a longstanding thing with iPhones and iPads. Not necessarily the fault of the web site designers... although with the number of users that have Apple iOS devices, maybe they should re-design the web site.)

But there is a workaround. Click the "Download" button and choose the Audio MP3 file. It will open a window with an MP3 player only. If you want to read the transcript while listening then you'll need to open the MP3 file in another tab.
thanks for help.
My name is Jibby newbie in this forum saying hello to all. I saw many good discussion here so decided to join. I'm feeling glad by being a member of this community.

Return to “General Discussions”