Account locked

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
TinMan

Account locked

Post by TinMan »

One of my ward members is getting the message that his account has been automatically locked because of too many failed sign ins or too many password reset attempts.

How long is it locked?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Account locked

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread has been moved from the Community Discussions ‹ General Discussions forum to a more appropriate forum.]

Is this for an LDS Account? If so, have them go to the LDS Account sign in page and click the "Can't Sign In?" button. There are several questions there for them to see if his/her situation applies. He/She may try the third item under "Sign-in Issues", "Are you being told your account is disabled or invalid?". If none of the questions apply then he/she should click the "What if my issue is not listed here?" link and contact the support team.

I've never heard of the LDS Account being locked. But I'm sure that if that has happened then contacting the support team will be the best solution.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Yep. Been through all that as i am now trying to reset his password. Thought I would check here before contacting support.

This is the exact message:

Your LDS Account has been automatically locked because too many invalid logon attempts or password change attempts have been requested.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It sounds like LDS Account has a security lockout that needs to be reset. Contact support to have this done. They probably will ask the member to confirm some information. I don't know if they will ask for their MRN, but they may. So the member should have that information readily available when they contact support.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

Interesting...I got a phone message from a member tonight that his LDS Account is locked out. I wonder if this is the same thing. He said he'd talk to me on Sunday about it.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

You can contact the Global Service Center almost anytime at 1-801-240-HELP (4357), or toll free in the US and Canada at 1-866-678-2763. Select option "2" for LDS Accounts and they will help you resolve your problem.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

I did as jd suggested and sent an email off to support asking for their help. They sent him back an email with instructions and he was able to reset his password and get on. I didn't see their email so I am not sure what they did.
j0ycebarnett

Post by j0ycebarnett »

My lds account is locked and my password is not working
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

j0ycebarnett wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:41 am My lds account is locked and my password is not working
At the Church Account sign-in page click the "I forgot my username or password" link and then select one of the three recovery options. Follow the instructions for the option selected to reset your password.
JD Lessley

Return to “Church Account”