administrators by name - members missing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
pminet

administrators by name - members missing

Post by pminet »

I tried to add an administrator by name and the members are missing.

How is this possible please?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: administrators by name - members missing

Post by russellhltn »

Is it an out of unit member? If so, what position do they have?

I assume you've verified that their name shows up in the directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

pminet wrote:I tried to add an administrator by name and the members are missing.
Did you start typing in the name and no names appeared?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Also note that when you choose the "by name" option, it takes a while for the selection list to be generated (it can be several seconds). While the list is being generated, a small animated spinner icon should appear. Until that icon goes away, you can't enter any names.
pminet

Post by pminet »

Thanks for all the replies.
The member is a member of the unit in question.
The member appears in the directory of members.
When I start typing in the name box all members with his name appear (his children and grandchildren) but him and his wife do not appear.

Thanks once again any help would be appreciated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

My guess is that this is caused by the visibility settings of the members in question. If they are set to Private, then you still could see them in the Directory if you are a clerk or bishopric member. However, the visibility settings affect whether they can be seen in lists for adding them as building schedulers or administrators.

There have also been some problems reported where members don't show up on lists when they have Ward Visibility settings, even though it makes no sense to restrict people from being added to a ward calendar system when they have Ward visibility.
pminet

Post by pminet »

Thanks for the Reply, visibility settings was my first thought too. I am the stake clerk so when I look at them through the online directory I can see them, their emails etc. Where can I see if it is marked as private?
pminet

Post by pminet »

ok so looking at the member in question I can see things, if I click edit I can see that everything appears to be set to ward visibility. Is it this setting that is preventing him from being selected on the ward calendar by name to be an administrator?
pminet

Post by pminet »

ah ha ... so only if you have stake visibility can be selected as a ward calendar administrator. The help says only private is restricted, but my testing suggests that ward visibility is preventing this.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pminet wrote:ah ha ... so only if you have stake visibility can be selected as a ward calendar administrator. The help says only private is restricted, but my testing suggests that ward visibility is preventing this.
I reported a somewhat similar situation in the topic Building Scheduler member list incomplete. That dealt with a building scheduler, which has a role beyond a single ward, but the symptoms were quite similar.

Return to “Calendar”