iPad, iPhone, LDS.org sync problems

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
rcwso

iPad, iPhone, LDS.org sync problems

Post by rcwso »

I understand this topic has been discussed several times. I have tried all of the different fixes from the many different posts and ways to help the devices sync with LDS.org.

Here is my problem:
1. Take a note or bookmark on my iPad and it shows up on LDS.org but NOT the iPhone
2. Take a note or bookmark on my iPhone and it shows up on LDS.org but NOT the iPad
3. Take a note or bookmark on LDS.org and it does NOT show up on the iPad or iPhone

The iPad and iPhone show that I have not synced since Dec 2000 and both have "changes pending."

Things I have tried:
1. Log off all devices and the computer and log back on trying to sync. Result-did not work
2. Remove Gospel Library from my devices and re-load them from scratch. Result-it worked only once. Very frustrating because I have to reload all of my library each time to include the articles needed that I have marked for reference notes and tags. I cannot reload Gospel Library each time I want to sync.
3. Tried to hit the manual sync button over and over again. Results-does not work at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is extremely frustrating. I work on several computers and not being able to have the same info on the devices and computers is almost a show stopper for me to continue using this program. I have decided to embrace the technology and what the church is doing with it but it may be too difficult for me to continue.

Any thoughts?
michaelwebb

Re: iPad, iPhone, LDS.org sync problems

Post by michaelwebb »

I have almost exactly the same issues. The silence on this issue from anybody who can address it is deafening and very telling. If this isn't fixed, people will quit using it. Trust is key.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

michaelwebb wrote:The silence on this issue from anybody who can address it is deafening and very telling. If this isn't fixed, people will quit using it.
I think you are making an assumption that is not correct. That assumption is that what gets reported in these forums gets read by and acted upon by those who are on the Gospel Library development team for iOS devices. The method for reporting issues and bugs is found in the program help. Additionally there is contact information found in the wiki article Gospel Library for iOS contact information. Other community users can discuss and comment, but the lack of discussion only tells me others do not have a solution or a work-around to offer in this thread. Have you read any of the other threads the OP mentioned?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Also, that basic information can be found in the message stuck to the top of the forum PLEASE READ before posting in this section
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Jdessley

Isn't it also true that you may be assuming the individual hasn't already reported the issue as you've explained and has truly experienced a deafening silence?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

These matters have all been reported correctly many times. It is disappointing, but there is not much more we can do about these problems, unless we want to learn to code for these mobile devices and do it ourselves.
johnsonbd

Post by johnsonbd »

I have the same problem and have reported it multiple times throughout the last month and have seen no response or fix. This is extremely frustrating.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”