Location not in Locations & Rooms

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
wwoodford

Location not in Locations & Rooms

Post by wwoodford »

Somehow there are two locations for the Stake Center in our calendar system. I have read the forum entries dealing with two locations listed for one building but unfortunately there is only one location listed in the Locations & Rooms area. I am not able to see the location that was created by someone else. The two entries are:

Morganton Road Building (default with all of the rooms available)
Morganton Road Stake Center (not all rooms are listed)

The Morganton Road Building appears in the Locations & Rooms but the Morganton Road Stake Center does not. This has created the ability to double book select rooms (like Cultural Hall) which has created problems. I would like to stop people from booking the Morganton Road Stake Center location using the instructions in the Managing Locations help file and the forum by making the Morganton Road Stake Center location as unschedable but since it does not appear in the Locations & Rooms I can not do this. Any suggestions?

Thank you

William Woodford
Stake Clerk
Fayetteville North Carolina West Stake
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Location not in Locations & Rooms

Post by aebrown »

The only way I know of for a building to appear as a selectable location, but not appear in Locations & Rooms, is when the building belongs to another stake, and that stake has chosen to share the building with you.

That situation would usually be unlikely for a stake center. But have you shared your building with a unit from any other stake? Or has your stake split or realigned recently?
wwoodford

Post by wwoodford »

Thanks for the quick reply but neither of the situations you outline has occurred. We have not shared the building with the other stake in town and the stakes spit over 8 years ago,

William Woodford
Stake Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Question - on the location that does show up, does it appear you can delete it? If so, then it means someone added it. The other one likely comes from the FM database and incorrectly attributed to a different stake who has shared it with you.

I would call your FM group to see that's up with the database.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wwoodford

Post by wwoodford »

Russell,

The location that shows up in the Locations & Rooms is the default location (naming convention is the same as the other buildings, all of the rooms show up, was there when I set-up the calendars a couple of years ago).

I will contact the FM group to see if they have visibility of the second location. I was trying to resolve the problem locally first.

Thank you for you assistance.

William Woodford
Stake Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wwoodford wrote:I will contact the FM group to see if they have visibility of the second location.
What you need to ask is what ward(s)/stake are assigned to that location. I don't think they have any access to the calendar, but what they enter in their database affects the calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”