removing users

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
gwill23

removing users

Post by gwill23 »

I need to add a new user account. When I do I can't associate it with the member name due to the fact that record is already associated with another user name. I removed the old user name as it was used generically before and i was told we need to be specific to the person.

So, when I delete the old user name it only sits there inactive but I still can't associate the member record with the new user name.

any Ideas how to get rid of those old user names perminantly?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: removing users

Post by russellhltn »

Since the record is associated to the member- why cant they use the old name?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gwill23

Post by gwill23 »

the old user name was mclerk and that person is no longer the membership clerk. We are switching everyone to first initial last name. less people forget their username that way as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you can't find a way to rename the user, I would call Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gwill23 wrote:the old user name was mclerk and that person is no longer the membership clerk. We are switching everyone to first initial last name. less people forget their username that way as well.
You can simply edit the user name. Go to System Options > Users, and click on the blue underlined user name "mclerk". Then you can change the user name to "jdoe" or whatever is needed. That record will still be associated with the member. At the same time, you can change the MLS permissions to be whatever they should be for that person's calling.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

As a test, I logged in to MLS and changed my own user name to incude my middle initial. It asked me to "enter a new password" in each of two boxes. I was able to just use my old password again. The user name was changed and there was no other issue. Pretty simple.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”