Callings not correct on lds.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
karljens

Callings not correct on lds.org

Post by karljens »

I am missing something. There are two new counselors in our bishopric. These have been changed in MLS, but it hasn't changed on lds.org - which also means the new counselors don't have access to some info there.

What do I need to do to sync these two?

Thanks
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Callings not correct on lds.org

Post by lajackson »

If the change was made Sunday and the Send/Receive was successful, CDOL will be updated, and permissions will start rolling through the system in the next few days. Sometimes it is as quickly as one day, sometimes a little longer.
karljens

Post by karljens »

The sad thing is... it has been well over a month. I was just shown the problem yesterday, and can't for the life of me figure out why they are not in sync. We have been "send/Receive"ing many times since. Any thoughts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Seems to be not uncommon. Look over Correcting duplicate or missing callings. In addition, I'd delete, sync, confirm with the CDOL before adding the new callings. The results should show in CDOL in a matter of minutes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

karljens wrote:The sad thing is... it has been well over a month. I was just shown the problem yesterday, and can't for the life of me figure out why they are not in sync. We have been "send/Receive"ing many times since. Any thoughts?
If it was in the early part of December, we unfortunately had a bug in CDOL that caused some of the data from MLS to be lost on our side. It has been fixed now and the Correcting duplicate or missing callings process that russellhltn referred to will get things back in sync.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

Earlier this month, the individual holding the Standard Callings of Stake Assistant Executive Secretary and Stake Assistant Clerk--Finance moved out of our stake. I removed him from both positions and entered the name of the new Stake Assistant Executive Secretary (finance clerk position not yet filled). CDOL & the Directory showed the new Stake Assistant Executive Secretary, but did not remove the original individual so there is a dupe for Stake Assistant Executive Secretary. Twice in the last two weeks (one week apart) I followed the directions on the Wiki referenced in post 4 above (data refresh, delete entire line for dupes then S/R) with no change in CDOL or the Directory. At a loss as to what else I can do.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeromer7 wrote:Twice in the last two weeks (one week apart) I followed the directions on the Wiki referenced in post 4 above (data refresh, delete entire line for dupes then S/R) with no change in CDOL or the Directory. At a loss as to what else I can do.
Did the "wrong" calling come down from CDOL? Have you deleted the calling completely from MLS to make "room" for it to come down?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

The first data refresh made my stake MLS look like CDOL, which I think is the idea. I removed the entire entry for the two incorrect call listings and did a S/R. Checked in the middle of the week (3-4 days after the refresh) and CDOL had not changed. Did the refresh-remove-Send/Receive again last Thursday morning. CDOL has not changed, i.e., still shows the two callings that I removed in MLS.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jeromer7 wrote:The first data refresh made my stake MLS look like CDOL, which I think is the idea. I removed the entire entry for the two incorrect call listings and did a S/R. Checked in the middle of the week (3-4 days after the refresh) and CDOL had not changed. Did the refresh-remove-Send/Receive again last Thursday morning. CDOL has not changed, i.e., still shows the two callings that I removed in MLS.
I'll look at what MLS sent and see if I can figure out what CDOL did with it and why it didn't work right.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

JonesRK wrote:
jeromer7 wrote:The first data refresh made my stake MLS look like CDOL, which I think is the idea. I removed the entire entry for the two incorrect call listings and did a S/R. Checked in the middle of the week (3-4 days after the refresh) and CDOL had not changed. Did the refresh-remove-Send/Receive again last Thursday morning. CDOL has not changed, i.e., still shows the two callings that I removed in MLS.
I'll look at what MLS sent and see if I can figure out what CDOL did with it and why it didn't work right.
I just had to change an assistant stake clerk today and it added the new one just fine, but didn't remove the old one. So I looked around and found that MLS is not sending the deletes for positions in the stake presidency organization. All the others that I tried both at the stake and ward level worked. I'll report that bug to the MLS team. For now the only way to get them removed is to submit feedback in CDOL (or PM me) with the details so that they can be removed from the CDOL side.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”