unable to sync annotations

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
kylehawker

unable to sync annotations

Post by kylehawker »

My Android tablet (Asus Transformer) always comes up with the message "unable to sync your annotations because an error occured. Error: Authentication Failed" Can someone help with this problem?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: unable to sync annotations

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the Common issues and troubleshooting for Gospel Library for Android because it discusses a new and different topic. Please follow the Code of Conduct which states "Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread."]

The problem you are experiencing may be related to the topic Scripture marking not working. When the LDS.org capability for scripture marking and annotation is not working then the mobile device capability will also experience synchronization problems or failures with the main program.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

kylehawker wrote: Error: Authentication Failed"
This error is most often due to an incorrect LDS account username and/or password entered into the app. Go to the menu and then settings and look in the Sync annotations option and check to see if it says Verified. If it does not then you have the wrong username and/or password and you should correct the entry. If you need help with the username or password, go to https://ldsaccount.LDS.org to look up your correct username and password and then enter it into the app.

If you have done this, please go to the help menu in the app and select the Report a problem option to request further help.
Jason Hyer
mulhollandj

Post by mulhollandj »

I just had a problem today trying to sync. I not get an Error: Error Parsing Data when I try to sync from my Galaxy SII and I can't see any of my annotations, etc. on LDS.org. Any ideas what the problem is?
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

There is a bug in the app that should be fixed shortly with a new update to the app.
mulhollandj

Post by mulhollandj »

I hope it doesn't lose all my annotations online. My notes are empty. Who needs to address this problem?
dltukuafu

Post by dltukuafu »

20140126: I have the same issue. I get an error saying "Annotation Sync. Unable to sync your annotations because an error occurred. Error: Error Parsing Data" when I try to sync from my Galaxy S. I still see my annotations on my phone but when I login to www.lds.org, my whole notebook is empty. Please advise. Thanks.
jimra

Post by jimra »

I too am getting this error message about not being able to sync because of a parse error. I checked with several at church today and they too are getting this identical error. In fact, it started this morning at about 11:00 PST. I was able to sync before going to church, but could not sync an hour or so later. I think this problem is much bigger than a bug in the mobile app because using a browser, I logged onto lds.org and looked at my Notes and notebooks. My lds.org account should have several hundred annotations - after 11:00 today it says there are '0' zero annotations. They are all gone, everyone of them. I asked another person at church to log into their lds.org account using their browser and their annotations are also gone. In fact, everyone I've had check their lds.org account have found that all their annotations are gone.

What's going on? How do we get his information back?
Jim
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I don't have any Android devices, but could it be related to the Church servers getting overloaded on a Sunday?

Purely from observation of various posts in the forum, it appears that a lot of syncing/downloads attempted, affect the US on a Sunday. If the problems resolve themselves on another day of the week, this would bare out my Sunday overload theory. Notwithstanding any potential bugs in the applications being used.
garyriding

Post by garyriding »

I'm another android user experiencing the Error: Error Parsing Data problem. It's Monday morning, so it doesn't appear to just be the Sunday load problem. Help!
Thanks.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”