Unable to save new journal entry

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
kspickard

Unable to save new journal entry

Post by kspickard »

Please forgive me if this is not the proper place to submit issues of this nature.

It appears the save functionality for new journal entries is broken. Note that the behavior is consistent in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

To reproduce:

1.) Navigate to http://www.lds.org/
2.) Select the "Sign In/Tools dropdown, and select the blue "Sign In" button at top of list.
3.) Authenticate using your LDS Account credentials.
4.) (Having been redirected back to the main page) select the "Notes and Journal" item at top of list from the "<User's name>/Tools" dropdown.
5.) Select the "Add journal entry" link.
6.) Enter values for the "Name" and "Journal entry" fields
7.) Select the "Save" button.

The button text should then change from "Save" to "Saving..." and display a spinner indefinitely.

Looking a bit behind the scenes using Firebug or the like, it appears the "Save" button's target:

/study-tools/ajax/highlight/saveOne?lang=eng&clang=eng&callback=<jQuery ID>

does not exist and is returning HTTP status 500.
kjcastleton

Re: Unable to save new journal entry

Post by kjcastleton »

I have been experiencing the same problem the past 2 days. Is this issue being addressed?
sdarlingt07

Post by sdarlingt07 »

Have been unable to save journal entries for the past two days.
In the past I have had problems with bookmarks too. I have been able to delete old book marks and then save a new one. I do not want to delete journal entries to be able to save new journal entries.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

This is the same problem as has been reported in Scripture marking not working. That problem has been escalated.
kspickard

Post by kspickard »

Same problem -- I had a feeling, aebrown. :-) Thanks for the update!
canadianmidwife

Can't save journal entry

Post by canadianmidwife »

Hi,
I created a journal entry and hit save. It is perpetually trying to save the entry and going no where. Help. I really like the online journaling on my computer.
Thanks
Harding81

Trouble Saving Journal Entries

Post by Harding81 »

I have been attempting to save journal entries in my Notes and Journal since yesterday, February 15th and it isn't working. It allows me to type my content and when I push save it just spins as if it is attempting to save it but never does. I have tried inputing entries on a couple of different computers and the issue is the same. How do I resolve this situation? I really need these journal entries for a lesson I am teaching tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: The previous post was merged with this thread since both topics are the same.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
andjen3

Re: Can't save journal entry

Post by andjen3 »

I am having the same problem
I created a journal entry and hit save. It is perpetually trying to save the entry and going no where.
billtayler

Re: Can't save journal entry

Post by billtayler »

Same problem here... This happened about a week ago and it started working again after about three days.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”