Scripture marking not working

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
bheaton1

Scripture marking not working

Post by bheaton1 »

Yesterday and today I have not been able to mark the online scriptures or add notes. It will let me make a highlight, then it disappears and won't save. Is there a system problem causing this?
kctonga

Re: Scripture marking not working

Post by kctonga »

Having the same problem.
While we're talking about this, is there a reason why I can't highlight ANYTHING. Seems I can only highlight regular passages but not bullet points or even headlines.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kctonga wrote:While we're talking about this, is there a reason why I can't highlight ANYTHING. Seems I can only highlight regular passages but not bullet points or even headlines.
Please be careful about raising new issues in an existing topic. The new issue you are raising is discussed in the topic Bug with Highlights. Please continue any discussion of that issue there.
vickirinne

Post by vickirinne »

I am having the same problem for the past 2 days. I can mark my online scriptures, write a note, make a journal entry--but when I click on save it doesn't save anything.
mevans

Post by mevans »

For those having problems:
  • Please verify that you are logged in. You probably are, but it's just a check.
  • Does the study bar show up?
  • Have you tried the scriptures, George Albert Smith Manual, Ensign/Liahona articles, etc., and they all fail? Or does highlighting work in some places?
  • If you wait a while, does highlighting eventually work on a page? Try waiting 5 minutes to see if anything works. Sometimes I've seen a delay in things working, but I don't think I've ever see it take more than a few minutes (which is painful, but try waiting on a page as a test).
  • Which country are you located in?
bheaton1

Post by bheaton1 »

I can see my previous markings, but not save new ones. I can make one mark but then it disappears when I make a second mark. Can't mark the Ensign either. Can't annotate a mark. Also can't sync my iphone and ipad marks in the past few days. I am in San Diego,CA.
vickirinne

Post by vickirinne »

I'm continuing to have the same experience--cannot save marking, notes, journal entries. I am logged in; the study bar does show up; I've tried the scriptures, the Ensign, and the George Albert Smith manual; I've tried waiting 5 minutes. I too can see my previous markings and journal entries--just can't save new ones. I am in the United States.
mevans

Post by mevans »

It turns out I'm experiencing the same problems, too. Yesterday I thought my highlights were saving, but they are not. They appear to save, but when I come back, they are not there. I also cannot save Journal entries.

I sent a PM to aebrown. I believe he has contacts to whom he can escalate this issue much more quickly than the "Send Feedback" form.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I've contacted the Solutions Manager over that part of LDS.org. He's looking into it and will let us know what he finds out.

Thanks to everyone who reported this problem; it's helpful to have the community make the effort to communicate details about such issues.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I didn't hear back from the Solutions Manager yet. However, I just tried this again a few minutes ago, and it's working fine. I can highlight scriptures, set bookmarks, or create journal entries from the study bar on any page where it appears, and I can do any operations in Notes and Journal.

Before I declare victory, it would be nice to hear from others if they have the same experience.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”