TV Sizes (Large vs. Small vs. Too Small)

Discussions about using TVs, projectors, laptops, tablets, smartphones, DVD Players and other media players in meetinghouses including standards, management, how to connect to them, proper use, and support.
john84601

TV Sizes (Large vs. Small vs. Too Small)

Post by john84601 »

We are trying to work with our FM group to get the appropriate amount and size of TVs in all the buildings in our stake to support the new digital curriculum.

Our FM Manager defined TV sizes as:
-- Large: 32"
-- Small: 19"

Additionally, CHQ indicates in their letter regarding the new curriculum that a iPad or Laptop is only big enough for classes of 1-4 people (without the small size / volume becoming a distraction to the class).

So this is my question. Our FM group is trying to pass of some 13" TV/VCR combos for "Small" TVs. In my opinion... they are the same as a laptop. That is to say... to small to use without being a distraction due to the small size in a class with > 4 people (I think the CHQ statement agrees with me).

Has anyone else experienced this?
johnshaw

Re: TV Sizes (Large vs. Small vs. Too Small)

Post by johnshaw »

In November of 2011 we moved into a new Stake Center, it came with a single LCD TV/DVD combo for each unit (3 in total) they were 19in This year the new LCD TV/DVD combo's we're getting from the FMG are 24in

I believe the January Tech Broadcast indicated new models were going to be 24in

There is a HUGE difference between 19 and 24, HUGE
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

john84601 wrote: Our FM group is trying to pass of some 13" TV/VCR combos for "Small" TVs.
Not a good option since everything is now DVD and not VCR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gary_Miller wrote:
john84601 wrote: Our FM group is trying to pass of some 13" TV/VCR combos for "Small" TVs.
Not a good option since everything is now DVD and not VCR.
What's more - I'm sure those TV/VCR units are "standard" aspect ratio. If the video is "letter box" the effective size is even smaller. Maybe 10" tablet sized.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Rich Media in Lessons and Training”