Importance of signatures and forms.

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
mvonnied

Importance of signatures and forms.

Post by mvonnied »

I am a new clerk. I have noticed our ward has not been using the forms provided in MLS as a part of their ordinance record keeping workflow. I am planning on integrating the use of these forms into our wards workflow in an attempt to create better record keeping habits.

The baptism and baby blessing forms both have a place where the person authorizes the church to create a record. I am just curious as to everyone's opinion on how important obtaining this signature is. Also a lot of the forms have a place where the bishop should sign the form, is this of any importance. Please note that I am working on incorporating the use of these forms with signatures into the words workflow: I am primarily interested in your opinion about the use these forms in your workflow and how important are they from the Church's perspective.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Importance of signatures and forms.

Post by russellhltn »

mvonnied wrote:The baptism and baby blessing forms both have a place where the person authorizes the church to create a record. I am just curious as to everyone's opinion on how important obtaining this signature is.
I believe the MLS manual indicates that the permission of the parents is needed to create the record. So that signature helps insure that the leaders are following the process.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Re: Importance of signatures and forms.

Post by Gary_Miller »

The forms you speaking about are the forms that authorize the ordinance to be done. If there is no signature then the ordinance has not been approved. We have a saying in our ward, "The ordinance did not happen until the paper work is done." This includes all the proper signatures on the form.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”