Missing the line

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
MayaML

Missing the line

Post by MayaML »

I dont seem to get the notebook line down the page, when I wanted to start again to read and make notes on line. Have not been using this since 2011.
Is ther something I shold load or something...
mevans

Re: Missing the line

Post by mevans »

I'm not sure what you mean by the "notebook line"?

Are you referring to the study mode bars across the top and bottom?

I notice you're in Norway. Are you reading the scriptures in English? I believe that's still the only language that has the study mode enabled.
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

Yes I read in English and yes the bars across are missing, so I cant hilight or make a note. I could do that before...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

MayaML wrote:Yes I read in English and yes the bars across are missing, so I cant hilight or make a note. I could do that before...
Two notes:
  • You have to be signed in to LDS.org in order to see the study bar
  • Not all pages have the study bar available
Make sure that you're signed in, and go to a page (such as a 1 Nephi 1) that is definitely configured to have the study bar.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I have experienced times where the study bar does not appear, or takes a very long time to appear (possibly minutes) after I've navigated to a page. I think it happens under heavy server load. Please try it out a few more times on different days and times and see if you still have problems.
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

I am sighned in. I go from page tom page and am sighned in, but I cant get the studybar in Nefi. I have my name/tools and I get all the tools ok. Could it be that I do stil use my nickname and not my real name there? I get in to my Family Search too... but it requires me to sighn in there again. I do get in all my tools ok.
ML
mevans

Post by mevans »

Can you get the study bar on other things, such as the Lorenzo Snow manual for priesthood / Relief Society?

Make sure you're in English. Try this link to Chapter 3 in English and see what you get.
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

Yes I did get that on Lorezo Snow! Weird!
MayaML

Post by MayaML »

Ok looks like it is there now also for 1 Nefi 1 ect... I been having problems with bowser the last days, so maybe it was just that.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I've certainly seen the study bar fail to work for me at times. I don't know how the church has set up the networking and servers worldwide, so it's entirely possible you're getting served from a different place than we are in the United States and that server may have a different load on it and be less responsive than what we see here.

I'm glad it's working for you now. If you continue to experience problems, let us know. Maybe there's more we can figure out.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”