Donation Envelope, Personalized

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Donation Envelope, Personalized

Post by drepouille »

The store.lds.org site has repeatedly cancelled orders for personalized donation envelopes place by a ward clerk. He received the following message:

Thank you for your recent order at store.lds.org. Unfortunately, we did not receive a record of your payment within the specified time and your order has been canceled. If you would like to place this order again, please return to store.lds.org. Your order details appear below for your reference in placing the order again.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Gary_Miller

Re: Donation Envelope, Personalized

Post by Gary_Miller »

Make sure you are selecting bill unit when you check out.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The ward clerk tells me, "I called them - there was a bug that sent the email but didn't really cancel the order. So I had them make sure it really was on order and that we weren't going to get 3 orders and they verified that."
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
troywo

Post by troywo »

I had the same thing happen with an order for letterhead, as did a clerk with stationary. I phoned in and they said they could see my order and were aware of the glitch.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

I had to re-place my order. Since I'm running low I also ordered a pack of non-printed envelopes and paid the $15 for expedited shipping so I wouldn't run out waiting for the printed envelopes to arrive since they had cancelled my first order (but told me that it was just a glitch and that my order hadn't really been cancelled).

The shipment never arrived. Now when I check store. I am told that they are out of stock on the unprinted tithing envelopes and that if I provide a credit card number I can back order them. Now I have to wonder if I'm going to get the printed ones.
jgamber

Post by jgamber »

Ugh...this is getting frustrating. I've received two cancels for this same issue and have not received anything envelopes or slips. What is the final resolution for this issue? It can't be a "glitch" since it's canceling AND we're not receiving the order. And YES, we are sure that we've selected the billing to our ward option.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

I just received word that my personalized envelopes have shipped. FYI - the person at global said that the printing orders are now running up to six weeks to fulfill and that they ran out of the blank envelopes because so many people were ordering them while waiting for their printed versions to arrive.

Also, note that blank envelopes are ordered in units of one envelope and only the printed envelopes are ordered in units of packs of 1,000: order qty 1 of the blank envelopes and you get 1 envelope, order qty 1 of the printed envelopes and you get 1,000.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”