Surprise! Official Tax Summary Statement

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
EarloftheWest

Surprise! Official Tax Summary Statement

Post by EarloftheWest »

My finance clerk found something interesting in MLS this morning.

In the Finance Statements tab, there is an entry called Official Tax Summary Statement.
When clicking on the item, an entry shows up in the right hand side with the name of 31 Dec 2012.
When clicking on the entry, a PDF appears with the financial summary of about 10 members who moved into our ward this year and it includes their contributions they made to other Wards prior to moving into our ward.

For example, we have that moved into our ward in September, and in addition to showing the contributions to our ward, it clearly shows the contributions to their previous ward.

Just thought I would let you know what we found. Does anyone know how long this has been available?

I'm thinking I missed a memo or something about this.

Thanks.
gregwanderson

Re: Surprise! Official Tax Summary Statement

Post by gregwanderson »

Yes, this appears to be something that was just introduced this year. "The memo" was sent a week or two ago but was confusing because it told us to look for this before we'd actually received it. http://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15220

Return to “Local Unit Finance”