library supplies

Discussions about using TVs, projectors, laptops, tablets, smartphones, DVD Players and other media players in meetinghouses including standards, management, how to connect to them, proper use, and support.
Newt

library supplies

Post by Newt »

Who is responsible for buying new TV's, DVD players, and DVD's; our old VCR tapes and players are getting worn out and need to be replaced. I know that the FM group budgets for new computers and printers for each ward but for library supplies I'm not sure.
Any help?
Thanks
Gary_Miller

Re: library supplies

Post by Gary_Miller »

FM is responsible for Tv's and DVD players. The wards in the building are responsible for purchasing replacement VCRs and DVDs.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gary_Miller wrote:The wards in the building are responsible for purchasing replacement VCRs and DVDs.
I think you mean the ward is responsible for the media, not VCR players.

But then I'm not sure if FM would be willing to replace vcr players - VCRs as a format is dying.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

russellhltn wrote:I think you mean the ward is responsible for the media, not VCR players.
Correct
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

We made a request through our SS president (materials center is under the SS) then our agent Bishop and finally the FM group for a couple of replacement players including a DVD/TV combination. Once it was all justified and approved, the new items appeared in the library, no charge. We always made our dvd and other supply orders through the agent ward clerk. The cost came from that wards SS budget which was partially reimbursed by the other wards in the building contributing.
jirp

Post by jirp »

The fast way for it to happen is for the HC man in charge of Audio/visual stuff who also happens to be the HC man in charge of rolling out the new youth curriculum to come for the training meeting. When he says all you have to do is show the stuff from your computer on the TVs and you say we don't have a TV new enough for that.(they were both about a decade old and coax was the primary connector. You go show him what is in the library. A new replacement TV showed up in only about 2 weeks. :)
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

jirp wrote:You go show him what is in the library. A new replacement TV showed up in only about 2 weeks. :)
However, what funds was used to purchase the TV Local Budget Allowance or FMG funds?
jirp

Post by jirp »

No idea whether it came out of stake budget or FM. It did not come out of the ward budget is all I know for sure. It was obviously a FM installation on the cart so I am guessing FM but it could have been either.

Return to “Rich Media in Lessons and Training”