Adding instructor names

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
tamiko

Adding instructor names

Post by tamiko »

I have tried from various computers to add the names of the instructor to the lessons, but the name doesn't save. I managed to save a name to one lesson (Feb 10 Relief Society) but can't get it to save for any other lesson. My husband says it's a bug. Would love to use this new feature. I am the Relief Society counselor over education.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Adding instructor names

Post by aebrown »

Sometimes people don't realize that after they type in the instructor's name, they have to either click on the correct name or arrow down to that name and press Enter. At that point, the name will be displayed in a box with an X to the right (in case you want to delete that instructor). Then you can click the Save button to save the change. Make sure you are following those steps, and then see if you can consistently save the instructor name for your lessons.
ChrisWard

Post by ChrisWard »

How can I assign a generic title as an instructor (such as Bishopric or YM Presidency) for a new class I've added?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

chrisward wrote:How can I assign a generic title as an instructor (such as Bishopric or YM Presidency) for a new class I've added?
You can't. The only valid instructor names are actual members of the ward.
tamiko

Post by tamiko »

Thank you for the help. I can do it now, however, is there any way to use teachers ACTUAL names and not their names of record, eg, Kathy not Kathryn?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

tamiko wrote:Thank you for the help. I can do it now, however, is there any way to use teachers ACTUAL names and not their names of record, eg, Kathy not Kathryn?
Lesson Schedules uses the preferred name on record in MLS, provided there is one. Absent a preferred name the name of record is used. An instructor can contact the ward clerk to have their preferred name added or updated.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Lesson Schedules”