Ward Directory Export Households

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
edauga

Ward Directory Export Households

Post by edauga »

In exporting households, for my ward, I find 2 families where the email and address fields are blank. These 2 fields are correct in the online directory. Looking back in old exported files, this started on January 9th or there abouts.
What is my recourse? Whom can I contact?
RossEvans

Re: Ward Directory Export Households

Post by RossEvans »

edauga wrote:In exporting households, for my ward, I find 2 families where the email and address fields are blank. These 2 fields are correct in the online directory. Looking back in old exported files, this started on January 9th or there abouts.
What is my recourse? Whom can I contact?
Does the data exist within MLS?
edauga

Post by edauga »

Yes, the data appears in MLS. The member addresses appear in LDSTools at lds.org and on LDSTools on my iPad.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What are you exporting from? The directory or MLS?

If it's from the directory, I think we've found that exports treat you as a "ordinary member" and not as a leader. As such, items that might be restricted due to privacy settings may not appear in the export.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
edauga

Post by edauga »

I'm exporting from the directory at lds.org. (Export Households button)
edauga

Post by edauga »

Yes, that's the situation alright. I went back and exported and checked the "include private" and those 2 records are fine. I didn't expect to see this for the 2 families in question.
Thanks for the help.
Ed...
edauga

Post by edauga »

All this begs another point that the address for the 2 familes in question are marked private and do not appear in the exported file but the addresses do appear in the LDSTools directory at both lds.org and on my iPad?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

edauga wrote:All this begs another point that the address for the 2 familes in question are marked private and do not appear in the exported file but the addresses do appear in the LDSTools directory at both lds.org and on my iPad?
That's because LDS Tools uses the permissions for your calling to decide what you can see. Since you clearly have permissions that allow you to see information marked private, you are allowed to see those addresses.

The exported file from the Directory on LDS.org is different when you choose not to include the private information. If you do choose to include the private information in the export file, then that file will include the same information you see on LDS Tools.
edauga

Post by edauga »

Ah, the mystery is solved! I see the addresses because of my calling. I didn't trigger on that fact. Thanks all for the help in this.
Ed...

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”