Calendar editor can't view and edit

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
meyersmj

Calendar editor can't view and edit

Post by meyersmj »

One of our ward RS Presidents can't edit her calendar. Calendar editors for the ward RS calendar are list by calling, but when she signs in, she can't schedule an event and when we look at the calendar it say by her name view only rights.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar editor can't view and edit

Post by jdlessley »

A calendar editor or calendar administrator can change her permissions from "View Only" to "View and Edit". However, to do this requires the calling position to be deleted and added in again with the permissions set to "View and Edit". The most likely reason the RS President has view only permissions is that when the calendar was created the calling position was added but the permissions were not changed from the default "View Only" to "View and Edit". This is easy to miss when adding a number of positions at once. I did this for several calendars before I realized what had happened. I had to delete and re-enter a lot of positions for all the calendars I had created.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”