Ward website administrator calling description

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jemersonneff

Ward website administrator calling description

Post by jemersonneff »

Hello all,

I am currently serving as a ward executive secretary. I have been searching for a good description of the calling of website administrator. We just called a sister to this calling and we had discussed as a bishopric the ways in which she might serve. For us the biggest opportunity seemed to be assisting members uploading photos for the online directory. We anticipate that she will take pictures of members and upload the photos herself. I assume that she will be have administartive access to do this.

From other posts it seems that this is consistent with how website administrators in other wards are functioning. I also see that some manage calendars for ward members, etc. As the designated "building scheduler", and executive secretary I find it much easier to manage calendar events myself, and other auxiliaries have started managing them at their level, so for us I don't know if the website administrator will have much to do there.

Can anyone give me an "official" description of the duties and responsibilities for this calling? If not, can you tell me if your ward has a website administrator and what they do? We certainly want this sister to have some direction in her call. I had a few ideas of the website administrator helping members set up their LDS accounts, training members in the use of the church website, promoting its use, etc., but I don't know if these are appropriate tasks for this calling, and what privileges they will have on lds.org(the calling is not listed in the access table). Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward website administrator calling description

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to read the Full List of Permissions for Website Administrator thread. That will tell you what someone with that standard calling CAN do by virtue of that calling.

If you don't want her to have all those rights, then you need to look at calling it something else.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Ward website administrator calling description

Post by aebrown »

You also might want to read this post in the website administrator training topic. That post contains links to the various documentation sites that describe the rights and roles of the website administrator.

Return to “General Discussions”