Put the meetinghouse addresses back on

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
tanasay

Put the meetinghouse addresses back on

Post by tanasay »

I should not have to use a map search to find the address for my meetinghouse to share with someone. Put the meetinghouse addresses back on the directory, please.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Put the meetinghouse addresses back on

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I moved this topic from the Beta Directory forum section to a more appropriate forum section, since it does not deal with the beta directory.]

The Directory has never included the meetinghouse address. I think you're referring to the public ward and stake page that was available with the Classic Ward and Stake Websites (which were retired at the end of 2012). There has been some discussion of a new public page here, but I've heard nothing about any actual development efforts in that area recently.

Including the meetinghouse address on the Directory wouldn't accomplish what you want, anyway, since the Directory is available only for members of the ward and stake who are signed in to LDS.org.

It's not very difficult to go to https://lds.org/maps and find the meetinghouse. Then you can share the resulting link with anyone you want. That's your best option for now.
lancedc

Post by lancedc »

The only problem I encountered with using Maps is that the meetinghouse phone number is not visible in all cases. Most of the meetinghouses in my stake show the bishop's phone number for a contact phone number. How can the units change this so that the meetinghouse number is also displayed?
lancedc

Post by lancedc »

Also, with the old LUWS, one could view a stake and all units assigned to it. With Maps, I don't see this functionality.

Return to “Main Church Website”