Come Follow Me in Gospel Library

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
dawithers

Re: Come Follow Me in Gospel Library

Post by dawithers »

Also wondering this.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

OK... here is what you do...

Go online, access the LDS.org lessons for Come Follow Me... save the page for offline viewing. Download all the media and put it in a folder on your computer. If you don't have a computer to bring, you could print the pages to PDF file, and download all the media to your phone/tablet. Then upload the pdf file to dropbox or something, unless you have a save web-page to pdf file on your mobile/tablet browser.. but uploading to cloud storage is ok.. but remember to go to your mobile device and make sure you download a copy of the file from the cloud storage so it's on the local device.

Work arounds are so fun...
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
flatleyld

Post by flatleyld »

Uninstall your gospel library app and reinstall. That worked for me. BOM come follow me now shows up.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

flatleyld wrote:Uninstall your gospel library app and reinstall. That worked for me. BOM come follow me now shows up.
You can also sign out and sign in again to the app to force an update. It is a little less dramatic than uninstalling and reinstalling.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Karissmith

Post by Karissmith »

Thanks for the tips. I still can’t get it updated on my iPad mini. Is the device to old? Just curious if anyone else has run into this problem to receive the come follow me BOM lessons.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

See the thread Supported iOS versions for Gospel Library. You can look there to find out if your OS version is supported or if the version of Gospel Library you have installed is supported.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Karissmith wrote:Thanks for the tips. I still can’t get it updated on my iPad mini. Is the device to old? Just curious if anyone else has run into this problem to receive the come follow me BOM lessons.
According to this site the original iPad Mini is limited to iOS 9.3.5. According to Supported iOS versions for Gospel Library, iOS 9 "your device will run Gospel Library 4.4.0. (No longer receiving content updates after March 2019.)"

Based on that, yes, I'd say it's too old. You need to get it iOS 10 or better.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Gospel Library”