Existing calendar is hidden but conflicts still occur

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mmikael222

Existing calendar is hidden but conflicts still occur

Post by mmikael222 »

Hi,
One month ago, I edited the "Young men calendar" from the Lausanne Stake, Renens ward.
Now I went back and nothing appears. I was disappointed.
But as I don't get discouraged, I want to rewrite the calendar.

But I get the following problem:
"Your event conflicts with another event
Please change the time or the location/resource(s) before saving the event.
Hide Conflicts
18:00 - 19:30, 5 Feb 2013Serving Area
Fondue + soirée culture générale de la mécaniqueYoung Men
Event Editor - ..."

So the calendar still exist but I cannot see it, and I cannot re-add the events.
Any idea ? What can I do ?
mevans

Re: Existing calendar is hidden but conflicts still occur

Post by mevans »

You should be able to look at the building calendar to see if it shows a reservation. You'll need to be in week view (not month view) to see this. Hopefully you can see it and then it's just a problem figuring out which calendar it's on so you an get rid of it.

Also make sure you created a calendar event with booked rooms, rather than a reservation. You can read about the difference in help (and in numerous threads on this forum).

If you still have problems, let us know your callings (are you a building scheduler, for example). That will help solve the mystery.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The event might have been moved to another calendar, or perhaps you are not seeing the old calendar. Based on the error message, it sounds like the event is still there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mmikael222

Post by mmikael222 »

I am Young Men first counselor.
By switching to the Weekley view, I was able to see the previous events I created (hurray!)
However, I cannot modify them anymore. It is written on the events they belong to the "young men calendar", but based on the color and some tests they now belong to the Renens (ward) calendar.
It look like someone moved the events, indeed.

Isn't that possible to have the same event be part of two calendars ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mmikael222 wrote:but based on the color and some tests they now belong to the Renens (ward) calendar.
Based on your first post, isn't that where they should be?

mmikael222 wrote:Isn't that possible to have the same event be part of two calendars ?
No. You can create an event on two calendars by entering it twice, but only one can book the location. The other will have to use "Other" location.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mmikael222

Post by mmikael222 »

I wanted initially to have my events part of the Young Men calendar, not the Renens (ward) calendar, even if I am using Renens facilities. The Renens calendar contains other meetings I don't need to show to my young men.
I just wanted to have a calendar that I can export or print to give to my young men, so that they all have the same.
But anyway, I don't think there is an easy solution.
Thanks you for the help you gave me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I suggest you talk with the Bishopric. One of them may have moved it. It sounds like the two of you are not "on the same page" and working with the same common goal.

Return to “Calendar”